My BB200 Black Badge (training) Thread.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Re: My BB200 Black Badge (training) Thread.

Post by fatbikephil »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:28 pm Oh... and also Gian. On that scrambling Dollywagon Pike/Pyke commute in the Lakes. I did think of you and those mental Alps commutes. Put it into perspective as I was holding onto a ledge with my bike. Never again (well, not trying any uncharted bridleway around the Lakes again without full assessment. Little Tongue and Great Tongue - appropriate names indeed and the fell runner seemed impressed :smile:
To be fair such crazy mad stuff is gold dust in terms of 'training' for things like the BB (or HT for the matter of that) as running out of leg on such routes is just a matter of putting your feet up for a bit whereas most people jack it due to encountering a trail of unknown provenance in the cold, dark and rain and have a total sense of humour failure, scratching often not far behind :grin:
redefined_cycles

Re: My BB200 Black Badge (training) Thread.

Post by redefined_cycles »

Nice1 Phil. I've been thinking to ensure I get one or two ITTs (attempts, but you never know) under the belt before the end of the year. Not sure how/when but it'll keep helping with the sense of humour.

Hoping at another Peaks200 attempt though I know/been told about the slippery Peak not being too nice in non-summer months. As a matter of fact this Lakes commute had me thinking about the day I disembarked (I forget the word, but I know it's not dismembered... kindof) on the Peaks200 and walked across Kinder Scout instead. That ledge that I avoided before the river crossing and then climbing up and up over some mountain looking structure.

Means it must've been good as the Kinder Scout ride was one of my best ever yet... Not sure if any of that makes sense, but I have had a black-badge portion of sugary stuff (krispyKrem donuts and asian sweets soon after lots of food). I need to get a grip :smile: