Spacer between headtube and bar bag?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Boab

Re: Spacer between headtube and bar bag?

Post by Boab »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:34 pm I'm awaiting one of these:- https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... -mm-0-deg/
Slightly more aesthetically pleasing but I'm going on the basis that I'll take it off between trips.
Do you think one of those Thorn accessory bars, or something similar, would alleviate this mess...?
It'll do for tonight, but am keen to sort this out before the WRT and don't fancy dropping £120 on a Salsa cradle...

EDIT: Or maybe bodge the basket adapter of the Topeak FIXER 3E onto the Restrap harness. Only a couple of quid more expensive and easier to swap between bikes... 🤔

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
fatbikephil

Re: Spacer between headtube and bar bag?

Post by fatbikephil »

Not sure Boab, it would enable you to drop the bar roll a chunk lower, provided this doesn't then give you tyre / bag interface issues.... I use mine as a lower bag support but I have a very high rise stem - it works very well and is now a permanent feature of the bike....

What you've got looks OK? You could bung the GPS mount on the stem and squeeze the light bracket on the bars inboard of the bar roll strap. A few more foam spaces would drop the bar roll a bit