Parking in Abergavenny

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rollindoughnut

Parking in Abergavenny

Post by rollindoughnut »

Would you have any advice on parking roadside in or near this town for a number of days. Obviously I could just leave it on any residential street but does anyone local know a road where it wouldn't put the residents out? Somewhere with lots of room.
JackT

Re: Parking in Abergavenny

Post by JackT »

The Byefield Lane car park in the centre of town off Tudor Street is free any day except Tuesday. I don't think there's a prohibition on overnight parking but can check for you tomorrow.

On street parking can get a bit aggro around the train station, and close to the primary schools and in the centre of town where the roads are really narrow. The north (top) end of Avenue Road might be a good bet. Nice and wide, no through traffic and all of the houses there have off-street parking.
rollindoughnut

Post by rollindoughnut »

Thank you, that's really helpful.
I'd want to leave it for up to a week and know how irritating that could be for residents.
rollindoughnut

Post by rollindoughnut »

Cor Avenue Road looks lovely. Very quiet and peaceful. Every time I'm in the area I make sure to stop for a bit at Abergavenny. I've heard that the town was/is a bit rough, but I find it charming whenever I'm there.
JackT

Post by JackT »

rollindoughnut wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:41 pm Cor Avenue Road looks lovely. Very quiet and peaceful. Every time I'm in the area I make sure to stop for a bit at Abergavenny. I've heard that the town was/is a bit rough, but I find it charming whenever I'm there.
The town's had its ups and downs but definitely experiencing an up right now. The centre is much better since they took the motor traffic out.
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

There is a long stay at the station which I have used. I don’t object to paying for parking as parking a car is often burdensome for residents.
rollindoughnut

Post by rollindoughnut »

I see the station has a 1 week pass for £16. That's pretty good value.
Linkpin

Post by Linkpin »

You're welcome to park in the street outside my house - there's always plenty of room. I'm up the hill a bit from the station but can keep an eye on your car if I'm around. PM me if you want to.
rollindoughnut

Post by rollindoughnut »

Thank you. That's very kind of you.