Tarp configurations

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bigface0_0

Tarp configurations

Post by Bigface0_0 »

Not having much experience with Tarps how do you set yours up? I thinking of using my bike to hold it up but Ive seen posts about people storing poles in the seat tube??? Post me a pic of your tarp?
BIKE RACING IS LIKE HAVING A MULLET, BUSINESS UP THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK…!!!
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Tarp configurations

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I tend to take a pole with me. Don't always use it but it does give you lots of options. Here's a 3m x 3m DD tarp set up with a single pole. You end up covered on 3 sides plus you get a built in groundsheet ... you can also 'drop' the nose of the tarp for extra protection when the weather turns proper nasty.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bigface0_0

Post by Bigface0_0 »

That looks like a great tarp, like the idea of the built in ground sheet. Where did that come from?? Have you got a link?
BIKE RACING IS LIKE HAVING A MULLET, BUSINESS UP THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK…!!!
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

I think the groundsheet is the tarp just folded under when pitching. Any ideas on pitching a SilTarp1 from integral Designs, 8' by 5'?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

@ Bigface ... DNF is right, the groundsheet is formed by folding the tarp. The whole thing is constructed from a single 3m x 3m square tarp ... no cutting or sewing, just folding.

@ DNF ... I'll have a play around with a smaller tarp and see what shapes can be made.
May the bridges you burn light your way
didnothingfatal

Post by didnothingfatal »

I'm thinking two shortish poles and some ingenuity.