Reilly bikes look really nice

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

firestarter

Reilly bikes look really nice

Post by firestarter »

I saw a fella at the supermarket the other day in Leeds on a Reilly ti adventure bike ive never seen them before but it looked the dogs danglies, anyone got one, he said it was great on and off road and had been bike packing on it too, it had42mm rummber and tri bar extensions on so I'm presuming he did a bit of distance on adventures too, looked lovely but it could be a big birthday treat in the future :smile:
Rich3rd

Re: Reilly bikes look really nice

Post by Rich3rd »

I've got a Reilly Gradient and it properly is the dogs. I bought it frame only and when it turned up, I thought it was so nice I thought about getting a 2nd one just to put on the wall (but I'm not that rich!). I'm running it with 700c 45mm at the moment, but the new version takes 55mm, and that would make a truly epic bike https://www.reillycycleworks.com/produc ... nture-disc. I have mine setup 1x with a huge cassette (9-46).

There is something special about the quality of their frames. When you peddle hard, the bike feels like it 'springs forward' at every peddle stroke, I think they call it planing https://www.renehersecycles.com/the-bio ... f-planing/
Never knowingly under biked...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Isn't it just two triangles welded together? :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Isn't it just two triangles welded together?
Yep :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Does it make the trail come alive? I'm guessing the frame has that magical combination of lateral stiffness and vertical compliance. Oops wrong forum again :lol:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

For a brief while they had one of the lightest (but affordable-ish) carbon seatposts without too low a weight limit. Considered it briefly but assumed it might be harsh (can't recall why so).

Let me find the link (so you could save a whole heao of money by just buying the post :lol: ).
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:08 am Isn't it just two triangles welded together? :wink:
Indeed it is, but it looked lovely and we all know that's all that matters
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I have a Reilly road frame, no 004, so a very early one. I have used it on short tours and audaxes up to 600km. I can only fit 25mm tyres with ‘guards but so not really been off road on it. A happy customer.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

https://www.reillycycleworks.com/produc ... 2944837721

There we go. Start off with a post, save your money, see how you feel (or how your back/bottom does). :grin:
Andiphim

Post by Andiphim »

Rich3rd wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:54 am I've got a Reilly Gradient and it properly is the dogs. I bought it frame only and when it turned up, I thought it was so nice I thought about getting a 2nd one just to put on the wall (but I'm not that rich!). I'm running it with 700c 45mm at the moment, but the new version takes 55mm, and that would make a truly epic bike https://www.reillycycleworks.com/produc ... nture-disc. I have mine setup 1x with a huge cassette (9-46).

There is something special about the quality of their frames. When you peddle hard, the bike feels like it 'springs forward' at every peddle stroke, I think they call it planing https://www.renehersecycles.com/the-bio ... f-planing/
I am happy to read this, I am waiting for my Gradient T47 to be delivered very soon.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:32 pm https://www.reillycycleworks.com/produc ... 2944837721

There we go. Start off with a post, save your money, see how you feel (or how your back/bottom does). :grin:
:lol: :lol: :-bd
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

[/quote]
I am happy to read this, I am waiting for my Gradient T47 to be delivered very soon.
[/quote]

Enjoy, you won't be disappointed with your two beautifully welded triangles.
Never knowingly under biked...
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:29 pm
Don't wish to be a pedant, but isn't it 3 triangles welded together? The back wheel goes between 2 of them, but viewed side on they look like a single one, so it's 50% more complicated than just 'two triangles welded together' :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

sean_iow wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:33 pm Don't wish to be a pedant...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

sean_iow wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:33 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:29 pm
Don't wish to be a pedant, but isn't it 3 triangles welded together? The back wheel goes between 2 of them, but viewed side on they look like a single one, so it's 50% more complicated than just 'two triangles welded together' :lol:
You are, of course, correct but that's not the meme.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I know, I was just trying to big up Reilly for the extra triangle they've added :grin:

Having seen that Rondo the other day perhaps frame builders should stick to triangles :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Are they still going seeing as Mark died?

My custom Omega is a never sell bike, don’t care what Dunc says, it really does bring the road alive.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Yes, still going. When I got my frame Mark was in a rough looking part of Newhaven but moved soon after my purchase to posh Brighton.
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

just round the corner from me and still very much going.

I've quite a few aquaintances with them and they are 3 very lovely triangles.
Image Image