Joystick - faulty light or operator?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Joystick - faulty light or operator?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've plugged my new joystick in to the charger, half an hour later I noticed that the light was on. I assumed that it must be switched on, so unplugged it from the charger and turned it off ... actually I attempted to turn it off. Pressing and holding the button did nothing, the light just stayed on. The only way I could get it to go off was to let the battery run down :|

Am I missing something? It's the MK7 version if that makes any difference. The instructions say to turn it off, just press and hold down the button at the back of the unit but after a minute my finger got tired ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
Zippy

Re: Joystick - faulty light or operator?

Post by Zippy »

Sounds like a dodgy circuit board controllly thing. I had a similar different problem with my Mk2 joystick (would change the smartport into output mode so I can put my whiteye in, and it would just flash really fast as in faster than flash mode and wouldn't do anything until the battery ran down) - sent it back and they changed the internals.
Also, don't get them too wet through the smart port, or mud rather. My Maxx-D stopped working halfway round Mountain Mayhem because of this, although I believe they come with a rubber bung now.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Is that a wiggle special version?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is that a wiggle special version?
Yes ... the nice man at Exposure tells me it's a duff light :roll:
paul78

Post by paul78 »

I got one of those waiting at home for me Stu .. will let you know if mine works.
shoestring-racing.blogspot.com
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Sure Exposure will sort you out. Had an occasional issue and they have always sorted it out at no cost to me even when out of guarantee.

I had an led staying on when I turned it off, not obviously noticable unless dark. When I rang then they explained it was not a major issue but send it back as the leds are guaranteed for life. Received a new Maxx D unit in the post yesterday which postie had dropped over a 2m fence on to the ground. Still works though.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just to make me look a tw*t the thing's started working, just after I got of the phone from Exposure. I rang them back and the nice man said that maybe I should still return it, just to be on the safe side.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

And just to make me look an even bigger tw*t the thing's packed in again :shock:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

s8tannorm wrote:And just to make me look an even bigger tw*t the thing's packed in again :shock:
Buy British, those Chinese lights are cheap but unreliable.....oh. :lol: