Supporting Ukraine, 7 Roads bikepacking bags

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scud

Supporting Ukraine, 7 Roads bikepacking bags

Post by Scud »

One of the lads in our local gravel group has ordered from 7 Roads (https://7rbags.com/) and kept in contact with them during the Ukrainian crisis that is going on now, he emailed asking about their safety and had the following reply:

Hey!
Thank you for your concern) and thank you for the words of support, this is very important right now.

We are in a relatively safe place now, and doing some volunteer job, patrol town with police, helps refugees and also we keep working.
Cause our government insists that everyone who can work must work now, pay taxes, and keep people paid and busy)

So if you want to support us you can place an order for some of our products.
Or order frame bag, top tube bag, etc.
Part of this money we will donate to army needs)

Ukrainians are united and furious now, and we are truly believe that with world help we will defeat an Empire of Evil

Слава Україні!
Elena and Stanislav”

So it is one way of supporting their efforts out there and receiving a mighty fine bag at the same time:

https://7rbags.com/
faustus

Re: Supporting Ukraine, 7 Roads bikepacking bags

Post by faustus »

Good on them for carrying on. I had a look at their stuff the other day and it looks pretty good :-bd
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Well done Scud and thanks for that. Good for them for standing up for themselves - though it must be said, shame on our world media for having such a double standards approach on reporting properly on the other atrocities committed by other empires as well as Russia : Syria (Russia and Asad Basher); Afghan (sanctions & blockages on Afghanistans own money by US are leaving thousands in extreme poverty & hunger; Israel (whilst continuing their apartheid 2 tier system, now also housing the new refugees in illegal settlements as well as using it a means of evicting even more abused Palestinian families from their own homes); India (recently reported by the same person that highlighted the Milosovic genocide that it's on the brink of one of the worlds worst genocide cases which has already started); The Uigher concentration camps and systematic abuse; the list is endless - just cos they're not 'European looking'.

Anyway, sorry about that mouthful and apologies for maybe messing up your thread Scud (will delete if you want) but one of the nurses at my unit (Georgina sumthing) is getting ready to receive a Ukraine refugee family. One of the team leaders sent out an email yesterday about any spare bits and pieces to help (from our nursing workforce on the unit) but I'm just hoping to help her with a few quid so as to lighten her load. If anyone wishes to contribute (just a few quid please as I can't manage big sums... nothing massive unless you want me to get her email directly for you) then feel free to PM me and I will see what we could do.

Like I said, them bags and the project to support looks good Scud and sorry for such a long seemingly off topic paragraph, and too many brackets maybe. If you'll allow me to add here Scud that:

I'm in the process of thinking about donating my bike (funds will be split in 3 and sent via the One Nation charity - Ukraine, Afghanistan & Yemen) to help. Just worried that I might get a poor deal and that's mainly what's holding me back. It's
  • Jewel frameset by Independent Fabrication in steel flavour with carbon Reynolds forks and carbon back end.

Dura ace R9000 cranks in compact flavour, R9100 DA front and rear mechs 11 speed.

Dura Ace shifters R9000 and R9100 caliper brakes with swisstop pads.

Wheels are a bit of a mismatch and that's what would lose me value and therefore happy to discuss... it's a DA rear r9100 which I'd really like to keep

etc etc etc Carbon Sworks bars in aero profile, maybe the Canyon seatpost
Crown

If anyone interested in pics then pls PM me and we can talk. Main value is in the frame and thus happier to just remove the bits off it and sell like that :smile:

Sorry again Scud for maybe messing up your thread.
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

I have 2 of their bags and rate them highly, lovely people to deal with too. I am also keeping in touch with them through the crisis and look forward to the odd update!
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.