(Car) tossed off the land by (abused) farmer

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

(Car) tossed off the land by (abused) farmer

Post by redefined_cycles »

:smile:

Just came across this. Sorry if everyone knows of it. Good for him (the farmer) I say https://youtu.be/ezUmZGKhrUA
Bearbonesnorm

Re: (Car) tossed off the land by (abused) farmer

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The coppers with the help of some farm machinery were doing similar the other week to suspected Hare courses ... a few scrap Range Rovers after 5 minutes :wink:

I must admit, I've seen similar here much more over the last couple of years. I think in the main it's ignorance and people appear to think that you can pretty much park where you like (inc blocking gates etc) and then proceed to go wherever you like. I always thought there were things that people simply 'knew' as if by instinct but obviously I'm quite wrong.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Sadly irresponsible parking is all too common.

A slightly less dramatic method (and much less likely to end up in court) is to leave a rather large trailer "in the way" so that the offending vehicle can't return to the road. Then go off for a day out with the family :lol:

North Wales Police used to impound badly parked cars. When the owners went to retrieve them they'd find out that the officer in charge of the pound didn't work weekends!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

All sorts of stories about people "getting their own back" aren't there. Mate of mine drove National Express coaches for a while. Arrived at Leeds one day; parked up. Some cleaning chap wielding a big hosepipe all over the parking bays road surface, but spraying coaches and shelters and whatnot. Short fuse my mate. Gets back in coach, reverses it very slightly, goes off for very long lunchbreak. Cleaning bloke finds his water has stopped coming out. Finally realises..... coach wheel neatly sitting on top of hosepipe....

I think Bob's right, despite the spectacular nature of forklifting a car over a hedge or something (*), I think the slightly more subtle approach can result in more fun for the offended party - trailer blocking car in would cause all sorts of frustration! Can see it but can't get it out!

(*) shades of poor Charlie Croker's Aston DB4 being forked into the gorge (*) in the Italian Job.

(**) but of course it wasn't was it. The first roof squashing scene WAS a DB4 (which still exists), but by the second scene it had changed into a Flaminia with a slightly different number plate after an explosion went wrong....
Last edited by RIP on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Let's just say you ain't shifting one of these in a hurry. :-bd

Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

The farmer was cleared of all charges. The car was blocking acces to his farm which is opposite a local beauty spot.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... s-driving/
RIP

Post by RIP »

whitestone wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:55 pm Let's just say you ain't shifting one of these in a hurry. :-bd

We certainly aren't. Can't even see it :wink: .

Personally I wouldn't relish being tossed off by an abused farmer but that's just me
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

Yeah, I think the guy with the car had punched the farmer in the face when he was initially asked to move the car.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

It's all just escalation and rage and aggro. Grim :sad:
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

I’ve been blocked in a work area before by some numpty dog walker parking in front of a gate, as we’d been working on the saws all day we were all knackered and short of patience. Luckily in the back of our Hilux we had a few strops and shackles (been using them with the tree winch). Sadly the car owner came back just as I was eyeing up their towing eye so we didn’t get to drag it out of the way.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Farmer up in Seathwaite lost his patience a few years ago: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1674 ... g-cumbria/
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Not condoning the farmer's actions, but I can predict that a lot of incidents lead up this, and he'd just had enough.

I know how he feels, as my neighbours simply don't give a stuff about where they park, and it's doing my head in.

I have to think positively, though, and just thank them for giving me *loads* of close manoeuvering practice.
Last edited by belugabob on Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLV

Post by FLV »

News report says he was acting to protect himself and his family.
From what threat? Parking massively inconsiderately?

I don't disagree if he's been threatened, attacked etc he can defend himself of course

But that's a stationary unmanned vehicle he's written off, seemingly in an act of revenge for, granted, a total Taylor level parking.

Hey ho. Jury is aligned. Revenge destruction is ok on that day.