Pubs near Bear Bones Towers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Pubs near Bear Bones Towers

Post by JohnClimber »

Ok so The Star is long gone :sad: :sad: :sad:

I hear that the Wynnstay Arms has been sold :roll: :roll: :roll:

So where's the nearest good pub that does food will be open on the evening before The WRT for this travelling from the North or East please?

Any recommendations for a pre WRT pi$$ up with campervan and car camping parking would also be a great help
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Pubs near Bear Bones Towers

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The situation with the Wynnstay needs checking John. I'm not really sure what's going on.
May the bridges you burn light your way
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:06 pm The situation with the Wynnstay needs checking John. I'm not really sure what's going on.
Please can I ask you to pop in for us for an update? :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Penrhos Arms is decent. Don't know if you can park your van in the car park but you can always ask, there's parking in the village if not.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Following
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Penrhos Arms is decent
I was going to suggest the Penrhos could be an option or the Aleppo in Carno another. They're the two nearest.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

Following also, be good to catch up over a pint
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
The Boss
Site Admin

Post by The Boss »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:35 am
Penrhos Arms is decent
I was going to suggest the Penrhos could be an option or the Aleppo in Carno another. They're the two nearest.
I think you'll find the Dyfi is nearest after the Wynnstay (from Llanbrynmair, turn left at the Cemmaes Road (Glantywymyn) roundabout, it's on the left before the post office). Small car park but nice pub and it has real ale. There's a layby quarter of a mile up the road where the closed down shed cafe is (towards Mach).
https://www.facebook.com/doveyvalleyhotel/

If you can find out who owns the building that was once Cemmaes Road Medical Centre, that has a big car park - from Llanbrynmair, right at the roundabout, 1st left then 1st right. It seems empty but might be rude to just park up there without permission - https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/pl ... ome-504353

Best to ring Pauline for the latest on the Wynnstay 01650 521431
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Thanks for the pub update.
We'll call Pauline and report back
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Great news for those of us on a budget and wanting to make the WRT another one to remember.

Pauline still owns and runs the Wynnstay Inn, the sale is going through and it will be a pub/hotel on the future too so she tells me.

But for now she still has the same "homely" rooms (that haven't been decorated for 20 years) that have kept the same low price for the last 20 years.

So if you want a "budget" room with no frills (before the new owners take over and next year may be a lot more expensive) On Friday 29th April call Pauline on 01650 521431 and get your rooms/beds in shared rooms booked, it's first come first served.

Some of us will be van camping where we eat in the pub and sleep in our vans over the road from The Wynnstay Inn and maybe use it for breakfast too.

As she is ready to sell, even if you are only going there for food and drink only it would be helpful for her to know this so that she knows rough numbers to get food in for that night.

So please call call Pauline on 01650 521431 tell her you are riding The Welsh Ride This and that you need a room/meal/lots to drink on the evening of Friday 29th April.

See you in the bar :YMPARTY: b-) ;)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Noo-o-o.. mustn't.... at the Winter Event I had such fun at "The Wynn" on Friday night that I was still in the bar two weeks later having never moved and missed the WE completely....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:47 pm Noo-o-o.. mustn't.... at the Winter Event I had such fun at "The Wynn" on Friday night that I was still in the bar two weeks later having never moved and missed the WE completely....
I believe that this is the moment that Pauline decided to sell up :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:grin: yep she's met her match with us lot!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster