Anyone riding the Italy Divide?

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

postierich

Anyone riding the Italy Divide?

Post by postierich »

Got a deferred entry so might as well do it, not done that many miles this year so will probably do a leisurely ride anyone on here doing it fancy hooking up .
Flying from Manchester to Naples but Ive not got a return flight as there does not seem to be a carrier from Verona to Manchester only Stanstead so far which is a pain.

So who is up for some ride,pizza,beer,sleep repeat :-)

Rich
In Reverse

Re: Anyone riding the Italy Divide?

Post by In Reverse »

I'm a maybe at the minute Rich.
AndrewT

Post by AndrewT »

I'm riding, having a deferred entry since 2020. Travel to Italy is looking more promising this year.

Interesting that you've found a flight from Verona to Stansted, who is that with? I booked my flight a few months ago, but I'm flying back into Gatwick ... Stansted would be far better for me because I live near there!

I'm flying out from Luton to Naples on 21st.

Last year I was lacking miles in the legs, but through this winter I've been building the base up.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

What are your logistics plans wrt to travel at either end and bike bags/boxes etc chaps? I was thinking of flying into and out of Rome and doing a train to Pompei and then back from Rovereto. Gives the otion of leaving a bike box at left luggage in Rome, plus miles more options for flights...
postierich

Post by postierich »

Flying to Rome and getting the train there and back seems a good plan so maybe a better option never thought of that cannot remember if the organisers transfer bike boxes!
AndrewT

Post by AndrewT »

postierich wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:17 pm Flying to Rome and getting the train there and back seems a good plan so maybe a better option never thought of that cannot remember if the organisers transfer bike boxes!
When I entered 2.5 years ago, there was an option to purchase a bike box transfer to the finish. I paid something like €10. I haven't heard anything about it for this year, but I'm counting on this at the moment.

I'm not yet sure how I'll get from Rome airport to Pompeii. Nearer the time I'll check the price of an airport transfer (ie taxi) which my accommodation can arrange. That'll be my preference, avoiding any issues with the bike box on the trains, and allowing more time in Pompeii.

I'm planning on staying in Torbole until Monday 2nd May, which allows a buffer on the ride itself, and hopefully a day or two to explore the area if I finish in good time. I'll use that time to determine how to get the bike box back to Verona.
postierich

Post by postierich »

Flight out booked for the2nd Fri Manchester to Naples 9.10am not sorted return flights yet :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

postierich wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:42 am Flight out booked for the2nd Fri Manchester to Naples 9.10am not sorted return flights yet :-bd
I'm 5 miles from Manchester airport if you want to drive down and park on the drive Rich. I may even end up on the same flight...
postierich

Post by postierich »

Was going to train it direct from Oxenholme the night before and leave bike in left luggage for the morning got a friend close by!