WRT

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ChrisE

WRT

Post by ChrisE »

I know this will probbaly result in a torrent of screams, but has anyone ever crossed with a bike the Dovey at the rail bridge at Dovey Junction? There may or may-not be a walkway along it.

......asking for a friend.... :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
RIP

Re: WRT

Post by RIP »

ChrisE wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:01 pm has anyone ever crossed with a bike the Dovey at the rail bridge at Dovey Junction?
Not me guv.

Recommendation? "possibly inadvisable" :smile: .

Overly-familiar as we are in This Place with the laws of trespass, we no doubt remember that unfortunately trespass on railway infrastructure is automatically criminal rather than civil, so it's a much less fun game than the civil variety. Still, your friend might enjoy the type of foodstuffs and hospitality provided at Her Majesty's pleasure so that would be an upside :smile: .

Packraft?

One admires the advance planning for the WRT 4 months away though :smile: .
Last edited by RIP on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

It's a shame there isn't a nice little ferry service from Ynyslas to Aberdyfi similar to the one across the Mawddach at Abermaw/Barmouth :smile: .

Pickers and Reg gave the Mawddach ferryman a little challenge a few years ago....

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's thought that the Roman's had a bridge across but there's some conjecture as to exactly where it was sited.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

£3.90 for an anytime single if the timings suit your friend.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just dawned on me - are we not a bit early for a WRT thread. Even I don't know where we're going yet. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:15 pm Just dawned on me - are we not a bit early for a WRT thread. Even I don't know where we're going yet. :wink:
:lol: Yes that was my first thought above. You'll have to stick a GR on Dovey Junction station now.
Last edited by RIP on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearlegged wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:10 pm £3.90 for an anytime single if the timings suit your friend.
Good point there Bear. Very sensible. Even cheaper if you alight(*) at Penhelyg - only £3.30 single. There used to be a station at Gogarth just over the bridge which would have been handy.

Poor Chris, wishes he'd never mentioned it now :grin: .

(*) this excellent but little-used word should be aired at every opportunity, in the context of debouching from a vehicle. Said vehicle does not necessarily have to be on fire.

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:15 pm Just dawned on me - are we not a bit early for a WRT thread. Even I don't know where we're going yet. :wink:
Not WRT then, the 8/9 Jan thing whatever that’s called……..

You can tell I’m planning, when I don’t even remember the name!!
Robster

Post by Robster »

Your friend might like to know that it’s a £2000 fine as a minimum, that’s even on preserved/heritage railways, covered by the same law.

It might not show bikepacking in a good light… maybe get him to dress as a fisherman or member of the local hunt? 😊

Anyway, it might be close to the usual pack raft grid ref?

Happy new year and looking forward to May.

Cheers