On the subject of gloves, what thin waterproof gloves?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slarge

On the subject of gloves, what thin waterproof gloves?

Post by slarge »

I seem to be quite lucky in that I rarely get cold hands. In fact thick gloves make my hands sweat and getting damp gloves on and off is a real pain. Are there any gloves out there that are waterproof but thin, like summer gloves?

Or do I need to keep raiding garage forecourts for plastic bag gloves? Thanks everso…,,
Richard G

Re: On the subject of gloves, what thin waterproof gloves?

Post by Richard G »

I'm still a sucker for thick nitrile for use under other gloves.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293640601960 ... Swq05gh-TF

(They wont tear unless you're actively trying to tear them)
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Don't bother with the Fox ones (whatever they're called). I bought a pair and they're expensive, leaky, cold and mine started coming apart at the seams after one ride. Absolute rubbish. :cry:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Was going to recommend these as discussed on here a while back, but they don't seem to stock them in Screwfix anymore :cry: Basically thick, breathable Marigolds. Wish I'd bought another pair now. You might find them somewhere else.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/showa-281-te ... tid=100110
RIP

Post by RIP »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:57 am Was going to recommend these as discussed on here a while back, but they don't seem to stock them in Screwfix anymore :cry: Basically thick, breathable Marigolds. Wish I'd bought another pair now. You might find them somewhere else.

https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/personal-pr ... be0a18050c

Timely shout, 2deg and wet here. Might have a pair for WE and see what they're like. Can always do the washing up at The Perrinery with them if not so good.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

thenorthwind wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:57 am Was going to recommend these as discussed on here a while back, but they don't seem to stock them in Screwfix anymore :cry: Basically thick, breathable Marigolds. Wish I'd bought another pair now. You might find them somewhere else.

Just bought some the other day off ebay. Should be arriving tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384365641266
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Nice work team :-bd
ootini

Post by ootini »

Those gloves are often used by scuba divers on trilam dry suits, so if you need some, try dive kit retailers like DiveLife Manchester, or DiversWarehouse in Yorks
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I bought a pair of some Endura overgloves last year after they were discussed on here and I really rate them. As long as your coat sleeves can cover your cuffs, they keep out the damp really well. You just slip them over whatever glove you've got on. They're nice and breathable, weigh nothing and for me at least are a good solution.

https://www.endurasport.com/adrenaline- ... 29624.html
I'm just going outside ...
slarge

Post by slarge »

Those endura gloves look just the ticket - will invest in a pair I think

Thanks everyone :-bd
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Got some of the Endura over gloves just recently, they’ve had a few uses and I’m liking them a lot.
Weight and pack size in negligible, performance is good.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Javi

Post by Javi »

Just bought the Showa Temres 281 but haven't tested. Medium size is quite tight and ordered a Large size to wear over thin gloves for colder days. The 282 ones come with an inner fleece but I rather use 2 layers.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Javi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:45 am Just bought the Showa Temres 281 but haven't tested. Medium size is quite tight and ordered a Large size to wear over thin gloves for colder days. The 282 ones come with an inner fleece but I rather use 2 layers.
Yep. My mediums ( labled size 8 ) are tight on bare hands. ( I use a medium in Giro and Castelli gloves) . I've ordered a 9 and a 10 to see which will fit over inner gloves.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Balls... I have small hands but even so, the mediums (8) are too small. Not the width as such, but the fingers are too short.

I wish I'd known this yesterday! That's a tenner down the drain.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

I picked up some Showa 306s from the garden centre a while back. Not used them yet but they feel comfy and seem like they should be good. I’m generally a large in gloves and I have these in a size 8/L which is a good fit. I might squeeze some silk liner gloves under them but nothing more than that. Mind you I have sausage fingers.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

woodsmith wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:26 pm
Javi wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:45 am Just bought the Showa Temres 281 but haven't tested. Medium size is quite tight and ordered a Large size to wear over thin gloves for colder days. The 282 ones come with an inner fleece but I rather use 2 layers.
Yep. My mediums ( labled size 8 ) are tight on bare hands. ( I use a medium in Giro and Castelli gloves) . I've ordered a 9 and a 10 to see which will fit over inner gloves.
Just an update to this. The size 10's / XL fit comfortably over a pair of medium Black diamond liner gloves. I can't find larger than 10/XL listed anywhere so if your hands are larger than Medium and you want to layer over a liner glove I think you'll need to look for something else.