WTD: Tubeless ready fatbike wheelset

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

WTD: Tubeless ready fatbike wheelset

Post by ootini »

Hi all. I'm looking to upgrade the wheels on my OOF to something that will allow me to run tubeless. As such, it appears that custom built wheels start at around £800, and there's Sweet FA available off the peg, so wondering if anyone has a set gathering dust etc. Spacing would be 135mm front and 170mm back.
Thanks
sqibjib

Re: WTD: Tubeless ready fatbike wheelset

Post by sqibjib »

Hi I will have a look in work on Monday. Only got QR if that's what your looking for.
Cheers Stu
Life is better on a bike
After work bivi film https://youtu.be/N-xxarJkrpE
ootini

Post by ootini »

sqibjib wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:58 pm Hi I will have a look in work on Monday. Only got QR if that's what your looking for.
Cheers Stu
Hi, yes, QR is what I'm after. Thanks
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

FWIW I managed to set up my stock On-One Fatty rims tubeless without too much hassle. Just used lots of Gorilla tape, IIRC.
substandard

Post by substandard »

Not got anything to offer but go steady if you are still using the on one fatty fork as it uses a rear disc spaced (RDS) 135mm front hub. These ain’t all that common these days.

So you need 135mm RDS QR front hub and a 170mm QR rear hub to fit your bike.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Charliecres wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 am FWIW I managed to set up my stock On-One Fatty rims tubeless without too much hassle. Just used lots of Gorilla tape, IIRC.
Yep, me too, on those baggy Floaters as well. I used a split BMX tube and maybe five wraps of tape to get them going and the local garage air compressor to get them seated.

Oootini, did you not just get some 4in Jumbo Jims? They're tubeless ready IIRC and will happily work with your original rims.

Speaking of which, here is my OOF in 2017, proudly tubeless and showing her drilled out original rims. This took most of a whole afternoon, created an incredible mess and saved, ooooh, about 200g I think. But don't they look smart?

I'm just going outside ...
ootini

Post by ootini »

I had no idea the existing wheels were tubeless ready. Very glad I asked. And yes, just fitted the JJs with tubes for now. :-bd

Thanks very much all
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I used foam laminate floor underlay on mine to take up the slack. I recall one rim did leak a little from the rim joint but soon sealed.
May the bridges you burn light your way