Bamford Clough: green roads, permitted byways and what's taken to keep em open

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Bamford Clough: green roads, permitted byways and what's taken to keep em open

Post by redefined_cycles »

Reg... bravo on that poem :lol:
RIP

Re: Bamford Clough: green roads, permitted byways and what's taken to keep em open

Post by RIP »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:41 pm Reg... bravo on that poem :lol:
No credit to me Shaf - the late great Sir Viv
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Ian

Post by Ian »

So, never mind gear ratios, which leaf blower for Bamford Clough?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ian wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:51 pm So, never mind gear ratios, which leaf blower for Bamford Clough?
The Mad Max option :smile:

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

May as well have the video to go with it. Utterly insane! What's going on with that bit at the end where he's just lobbing leaves and sticks back into the fan end?? Then again, who doesn't love chucking sticks into rapidly rotating lethal machinery eh!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51JJnbXl9vc

Ian

Post by Ian »

Erm… that thing looks like it needs some guards on it!

Thinking about the resurfacing of Bamford Clough. The dude on the road roller must have had balls of steel…
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Ian wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 pm Erm… that thing looks like it needs some guards on it!

Thinking about the resurfacing of Bamford Clough. The dude on the road roller must have had balls of steel…
His balls of steel are to put in the mandatory pot holes.. :lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Ian wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:21 pm Erm… that thing looks like it needs some guards on it!

Probably did the same as they do on Hardknott Pass in the Lakes - they have a big heavy truck at the top with a winch with a wire rope and the roller is held on that.

I'd hate to be on a horse on that slope, especially one with metal shoes, we've a very short section of tarmac next to the house that's 25% or maybe a bit steeper and they really don't like it.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

RIP wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:30 pm Ok then, time for a competition methinks. "The highest concentration of green lanes in one area".
Hah. I win by default then :-P . I have awarded myself a suitable prize.

Ian

Post by Ian »

There are quite a few green lanes along the Welsh border - Powys particularly. I think the chap that did the Rough Ride Guide put together a load of routes that utilitied them.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Just my little jest Ian of course. But our place Totternhoe does seem to have an unusual number connected at lots of different angles and points in quite a small area.

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Eyam seems to run Totternhoe pretty close for BOAT density.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearlegged wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:43 am Eyam seems to run Totternhoe pretty close for BOAT density.
Funny you should mention that :wink: