Tyre issues

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Tyre issues

Post by Mike »

Has anyone else had this problem with their tyres??

Is it a problem with panracer tyres or stans fluid, my bike was wobbling the other day like I had a severe buckle in the rear wheel... on closer investigation I found the tyre had flat spots and felt soft n bubbly in places so I took the tyre off to see what was going on and found that the inside of the tyre has come away from the outer casing?? Now the tyre inside looks like its got horrendous varicose vans going on !! Can't remember where I got the tyres from or when I bought them but loads of treadle on them so they will have to do. Just wondered if anyone else has had this... could it be the stans fluid has reacted with the rubber or just the tyre manufacturer has cut corners?
pistonbroke

Re: Tyre issues

Post by pistonbroke »

Just count yourself lucky that they're not Maxxis, or maybe they are, I've had several instances of delamination of the inner casing which makes the tyre look like it's got piles. It's a known issue that they seem to have done bugger all about as the first time was about 6-7 years ago on Aspens which were warrantied, it happened again about 2 months ago on some Crossmaxes. There are various theories why as it doesn't happen with all sealant. I think that ammonia in some fluids attacks the bond between the plies. My short term solution is to lance the boil and drop the pressure a bit. All the tyres used have been EXO casing and Tubeless Ready.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Happened to me with a Vee gravel tyre - I assumed it was because they were crap. I also had them at 70psi.... I was using Mucoff sealant which is ammonia and glycol free.....
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hmmmm ta... least its not just me then... I had thought about trying orange sealant instead ( scratches ones head )