Moosetreks Frame Bag ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gpl23

Moosetreks Frame Bag ?

Post by Gpl23 »

Does anybody of any experience of these ?
https://www.moosetreksbikepacking.com/p ... rame-pack/
Looking for a full frame bag to try out a new set up but don't
want to spend a lot of money then decide I don't like a full frame bag.
Also they look to be near enough the ideal fit.
lune ranger

Re: Moosetreks Frame Bag ?

Post by lune ranger »

I did a lot of research on those bags this week.
There are quite a few in depth reviews online by people who have done many thousands of rough miles with them. Colorado Trail and Baja Divide included. They appear to be well made and suitable for proper bikepacking use/abuse.
Lots of reports of people being worried about flimsy zips but no one reporting a broken zip. It looks like they are now sporting YKK zips.
I would have bought one except they only appear to be on Amazon and I try never to buy from Amazon. Secondly they are pretty much an Apidura rip off, right down to the remarkably similar logo (at first glance). I’m no Apidura fan but I don’t want to give my money to such a blatant steal.
I have ended up buying a Salsa EXP bag that is ready made for my Fargo instead. The cost of my high horse is around a 250% price hike. :roll:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Might be a bit out of your price range, but I had a full frame bag made by bikebags. Co. UK for my massive and slightly unusual shaped gravel bike. Full cost including a number of extras, custom touches and postage was a very reasonable 95 quid. Yet to use it in anger, but the fit is spot on and the fabrics, ancillaries and workmanship all look excellent.
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

I have one.

The velcro straps are too long, it's not waterproof and I broke the zip. Other than waterproofing, that can all be fixed.

However, it is still a good bag and I would buy another.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

I have one too. As above the straps are too long, but for the price I'm happy and it does what it should.

No broken zips in mine and never been tested in a deluge. I was looking to get a smaller sized one for my other bike, so obviously it works for me.

For the record I'm not fussy over brands or intricate detail, just need cheap stuff that does the job.
RIP

Post by RIP »

yourguitarhero wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:38 am The velcro straps are too long, it's not waterproof and I broke the zip.
However, it is still a good bag
:???: :grin: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

If I needed a new frame bag I would buy one on the basis of the sheer coolness of the brand name. I have no issues with buying from Amazon because I left my moral compass on patch of parkland in Hammersmith, London, a few years ago.

Anyway. Moosetreks. Brilliant.

No experience of this particular bag, but seems good value to me.

But I do have some experience with mooses, mostly of the sheila-moose which are proper grumpy if you accidentally get remotely close to one of their offspring on a lonely track in outback Colorado. Thanks the Babee Jeebuz they can't climb trees. I spent a good 20 minutes up one many years ago while a sheila-moose patrolled the perimeter.

Buy it mate.
I'm just going outside ...
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

TheBrownDog wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:16 pm I left my moral compass on patch of parkland in Hammersmith, London, a few years ago.
Got to be worth a few beers to hear that story :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

RIP wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:42 pm
yourguitarhero wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:38 am The velcro straps are too long, it's not waterproof and I broke the zip.
However, it is still a good bag
:???: :grin: .
Should've gone to Alpkit-Sonder :lol:
Mart

Post by Mart »

A friend of mine has the feed bags
it had all the features of my revelate ones (almost although they had copied the design)
They preformed very well, and looked like constructed ok
2924 miles per Gallon