Thank you and Pictures.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Thank you and Pictures.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Morning all, firstly thank you to everyone who came and topped up their tans over the weekend. As Colette of 'baps' fame said, it was nice to do something that felt normal again :wink:

Also, a large (as ever) thank you to Matt and Taylor for their assistance in sorting out the sweepstake and weigh-in :-bd

Now, did anyone snap any pics of the weigh in or prize giving that I could use ... the BBC have been in touch and they'd like their own version of Guy Martin, albeit scruffier and with more dubious clothing choices.

Thank you
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dyffers

Re: Thank you and Pictures.

Post by Dyffers »

Thanks again Stu and Dee.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:09 am Now, did anyone snap any pics of the weigh in or prize giving that I could use ... the BBC have been in touch and they'd like their own version of Guy Martin, albeit scruffier and with more dubious clothing choices.
Do the BBC know what was on your T-shirt? Not exactly 6'o'clock news friendly was it? :grin:
rich.mike

Post by rich.mike »

Thanks for a great event Stu and Dee, could not have asked for better weather, lots of aftersun required now though..!

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Thanks Stu, Dee and everyone else involved

Best WRT weather yet (for me anyway)

Much smaller turnout than I expected but still managed to bump into folks on our way around. Had a very sociable stint from Llanidloes late on Saturday afternoon onwards so that was nice, made it feel like a proper WRT :-bd

Wasn't able to hit enough pubs and cafes due to timing/availability/location but it was still ace. Some of the little lanes and tracks are truly outstanding

EDIT - Sorry, Stu. I don't have any pics from the start, only managed to take a few on the way around
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Great to see so many people that I've missed over the last couple of years. This was an especially welcome WRT for me as it's my first proper one back since the injury (last year's strangeness doesn't count), and the first where I've actually felt like there were hints of the pre-injury version of me coming back. Was properly gutted when it was over... though very pleased to make it through three three days without crashing!

Not that you could tell if you saw me (as usual), but I was definitely smiling on the inside. :grin:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

AndreR

Post by AndreR »

Cracking weekends riding!! Thanks to Stu and Dee for the hospitality! Good meeting people out and about as well
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

Another excellent WRT weekend, got some miles in and great tan lines!
We found some beautiful countryside, a couple of river crossings, and plenty of friendly people that fed and watered us.
Many thanks to Dee and Stu for putting on such a memorable event, Taylor and Matt for their loyal assistance and Collette. With her lovely baps, just the job to start the weekend.
Lastly it was great to see some old faces and new, looking forward to next year and I hope things may be back to normal.
Oh yeah, I think Surly T shirt I won must have been mislabelled as it fits me perfectly!😏
Cheers Scott