WTD, Ortieb Gravel Panniers (or alpkit Toliari 5l) and a waterproof full frame bag

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

yourguitarhero

WTD, Ortieb Gravel Panniers (or alpkit Toliari 5l) and a waterproof full frame bag

Post by yourguitarhero »

GOT SOME NOW, THANKS
Last edited by yourguitarhero on Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: WTD, Ortieb Gravel Panniers (or alpkit Toliari 5l) and a waterproof full frame bag

Post by redefined_cycles »

You'll hqve your work cut out finding a properly waterproof full framebag. Rusjan (Italian I think.. James Hayden seems to love his) claim to be fully proof. I'm also a believer - could be wrong - that the Apidura welded half framebag I have is fully waterproof as its kept my gear properly dry through some nasty weather...
yourguitarhero

Re: WTD, Ortieb Gravel Panniers (or alpkit Toliari 5l) and a waterproof full frame bag

Post by yourguitarhero »

I used to have a Salsa one (made by Revelate Designs) for the Spearfish full sus.
Had to cross River Fleshie about 6 times as the bridges had been destroyed in the flood. Bike too heavy to carry overhead so just pushed it. Frame bag was fully submerged each time and kept everything dry.

Supposedly the Ortlieb frame bag is waterproof? I'll look for those others you mentioned too
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

I have some Alpkit ones, just about to leave for work, pm if interested ?