Overnight laundry service

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BordersSteve

Re: Overnight laundry service

Post by BordersSteve »

Presuming everything about the event is run well, the routes are good, the included food (which is breakfast, feed stations, post ride food and four dinners) is good, the entertainment is good and the beer is good I don't view £350 as particularly expensive.

It's a lot of money, but I view 'expensive' as a judgement of value and it doesn't tip the scales to overpriced for me.

I reckon there's a strong market and I hope they do well. Mostly for the region, more events like this the better for the borderlands :-bd

Not that I'm going cos I'm not a dentist....
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Agreed if yoy want that type of event its probably not that bad. However if you are used to a field and a route its a bit pricey -SSuk was £60 which is about my limit for a weekend riding as i can just plan my own route and ride that

| guess if you want laundry services you will pay thesesort of prices ...I dont even need showers for the weekend
YMMV
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

.I dont even need showers for the weekend
YMMV
I suppose by including the word 'even', I should now be thinking that a large proportion of the cycling population do? :shock:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

well a campsite with facilities will always have a larger target audience than one without facilities
I doubt cyclng is any dfferent - outside the niche of bikepacking where it wont matter
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

well a campsite with facilities will always have a larger target audience than one without facilities
I doubt cyclng is any dfferent - outside the niche of bikepacking where it wont matter
I was really thinking about events Jon. Do people really expect to have showers laid on for a Sat/Sun?
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Most people probably do expect showers at £100 a day for an event and rightly so. They’ll put on their fresh clothes afterwards and head to the bar and entertainments. Nothing wrong with that.
I once did a similar thing for a JOGLE ride. Century ride every day with feed stations. Finish up, massage, shower, food and beer. Absolutely brilliant week.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Nothing wrong with that.
I don't recall saying there was and yes, at £100 a day people probably do expect a shower but I'm genuinely surprised to hear people expecting showers at a more grass roots type event, especially one where they may only be away from home for a single night.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Nothing wrong with that.
I don't recall saying there was and yes, at £100 a day people probably do expect a shower but I'm genuinely surprised to hear people expecting showers at a more grass roots type event, especially one where they may only be away from home for a single night.
This looks to be an excellent example of the internet mixing up people’s meanings.
I don’t recall anyone saying they wanted showers at a bikepacking event like WRT.

Some people want to pay for a Gucci weekend.
Some people want to ditch sleep in last weeks pants.
Some people want to do both at different times....

Is that a reasonable summary so far :grin:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Some people want to ditch sleep in last weeks pants.
But will there be someone available to wash their pants?* :wink:

*see how I cunningly got us back on topic there?