The Bearbones freecycle thread?

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: The Bearbones freecycle thread?

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bit of a rubbish day at the office. After having not done any training for a week or so (but hopwfully that translates to not being broke or behind on house/loft renovations) today was/is the day I go out. Naturally with nothing less than a Magic Mary up back. First I'd need to mount it though!

Weights checked after removing the (almost) worn Maxxis Rekon+.

New Magic Mary 27.5 x 2.6 = 1350g :o
Worn Maxxis Ignitor 27.5 x 2.8 = 980g
Specialized Butcher GRID 27.5 x 2.8 = 1136g
Vitt Mezcal new(ish) 27.5 x 2.6 = 860g

Then salvaged the sealant from the removed Mezcal and applied it into the Magic Mary. It felt very unsupple and hard to handle. So much that I had to even get the magnet out to confirm it's not wired! It's not thankfully.

After reaching this stage and a broken Pedros lever I decided I need the hair dryer to give a bit of warmth. No joy and even with the valve loosened it's just too tight. Bwforw heuting the finger too much or breaking the other two levers I've given in. The Specsh can go back on for now and maybe I'll get another Magic Mary but in 2.8... Maybe I'll not risk it and go for a Wicked Will and sacrifice a bit of trail holding.

To be fair, it is DH specific but I've never seen a tyre this tough. Not even the DH Maxxis in 2.5 (which weighed about 1200g also). Oh well... :grin: Least some trainings been done fettling the tires.
TeaFuelledMutantGingerBike

Post by TeaFuelledMutantGingerBike »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:01 am Some Vittoria Mezcal 27.5 × 2.6. Too slippery for my needs. Ridden less than 40 miles probably.
very tempted - are these the grey sidewall folding ones? I'd need to check they fit in the back (I've got a 2.6 Barzo, so if that goes, these should be fine). Should be able to arrange for collection. Got to be less slippery than Schwalbe G-one speeds...

Si
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

TeaFuelledMutantGingerBike wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:45 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:01 am Some Vittoria Mezcal 27.5 × 2.6. Too slippery for my needs. Ridden less than 40 miles probably.
very tempted - are these the grey sidewall folding ones? I'd need to check they fit in the back (I've got a 2.6 Barzo, so if that goes, these should be fine). Should be able to arrange for collection. Got to be less slippery than Schwalbe G-one speeds...

Si
Hi mutant biker... apologis for the extreme late response. I was supposed to reapond but life got in the way. The tyre is currently on fleabbay for 99p starting price. If taking it off there will raise some ok cash for charity,I can remove it. Happy to drop to you if you're not too far away. For reference I (actually, let me check) paid £27.99 for it so anything remotely close to that would be ace...

Tha ks.
FLV

Post by FLV »

Cube Attain frame and fork.

Free if anyone wants to collect it from Glossop.

No postage, CBA. I dont care if you want to sell it afterwards but would prefer if you wanted to use it or at least passed the love on if you do sell it.

Wrong link previously. Frame fork headset only. No groupset.

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:30 pm Hi mutant biker... apologis for the extreme late response. I was supposed to reapond but life got in the way. The tyre is currently on fleabbay for 99p starting price. If taking it off there will raise some ok cash for charity,I can remove it. Happy to drop to you if you're not too far away. For reference I (actually, let me check) paid £27.99 for it so anything remotely close to that would be ace...

Tha ks.

PM Incoming... :wink:
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

FLV wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm Cube Attain frame and fork.

No postage, CBA. I dont care if you want to sell it afterwards but would prefer if you wanted to use it or at least passed the love on if you do sell it.

What size is this? May work for one of my boys, and I'd happily pop over and grab it

adjustablewench wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:17 am
FLV wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm Cube Attain frame and fork.

What size is this? May work for one of my boys, and I'd happily pop over and grab it
Happy to defer if it's going to good home - I think it's thru axles, and I don't have any suitable wheels anyway...