glen feshie advise needed

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

glen feshie advise needed

Post by Mike »

Im planning to do the cairngorm loops as part of my trip starting next week, who knows which is the best side of the glen to be on when i get into glen feshie as ive heard the landy track is rough and theres a singletrack descent which is better and also a smooth tarmac stretch ( where is that centre you mentioned flatfishy? ) ill need cake by then !! any advise is greatfull oh im planning to ride the loops clockwise is this wise?? ;0) cheers guys
ScotRoutes

Re: glen feshie advise needed

Post by ScotRoutes »

You'll be coming downstream on the Right Hand bank and you have various options as you descend.

At NN862899 you can stay in the valley floor and do a couple of river crossings using the obvious landie track or climb up a bit higher and follow a single track path across the bit that had a bad landslip a couple of years back. Either way, you will then reach another (deep) ford at NN854906. Cross this to get to Feshie Lodge and the start of the tarmac or stay on the RH (East) bank for more singletrack. (The bridge at NN845937 no longer exists).

The singletrack along the East bank is rough and bouldery but still fun. If you stay on the RH )(East) bank you pick up tarmac just after Achlean Farm.

If you decide on the West bank, you can cut up hill at NN845941 and follow the track to Corarnstilmore and then into Inshriach Forest
Mike

Post by Mike »

great advice just what i needed.....your more than welcome to come out and join me if you can get away still for few days Scotroutes!! and responsible adult duties arnt calling :D
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Mrs ScotRoutes is across in the Atlas Mountains from 28th of this month up until 6th May :cry:
Mike

Post by Mike »

haha, no worries im up in Scotland till the 17th may if you change ya mind