PHD sleeping bag (sold)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

PHD sleeping bag (sold)

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bit of a classic one. Bought off here from the lovely Mr Weston. Need the dosh to pay for my beautiful carbon frame.

£110 delivered.

I'd say it's about 7 years old. Still fluffy enough. I did notice a tiny section of threading that needed sewing but its obviously not lost any down as I've not seen any hanging about.

Last washed and dried with some down-wash by Rangers, about a month ago and been used once or twice indoors since then. Thing of loveliness it is and pics can be posted up if any interest...

edit: after speaking with Rich it appears its most likely a minim 350 or 300... sorry I might have called it a minim400 below :sad:
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
ajf

Re: PHD sleeping bag (550g)

Post by ajf »

Hi,

I am interested. Do you know what model? Also some pics, especially of the stitching issue would be great.

Cheers
redefined_cycles

ajf wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:34 am Hi,

I am interested. Do you know what model? Also some pics, especially of the stitching issue would be great.

Cheers
Just checked my buying history. It's a PHD400 from Bumpy Jonas on here. Pics below...

edit: word in from one of the hardened bikepackers on here that its more likely a 350 or lower due the overall weight being so low. Just sharing for clarity purposes
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Weight= 526g (without the stuff sack) [edited]

Says minimus on the bottom end so I'm gonna assume its a Minimus400 (I can only find reference of me calling it a 400 when I bought it).

The stitching thing seems to have been sorted. Can't remember but must've been me or the missus. Looks to be a scruffy stitch so must've been myself.

Such a shame to be having to let go of it but needs must.

If being really picky I'd say the tensioning rope around the head opening could probably do with a renewal. Works fine but I'd planned to upgrade it to a bungee cord and reuse the 'tab thingy'...
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fontmoss

Post by fontmoss »

Obviously this appears on same day I finally pull the trigger on a new alpkit PD 400 :lol:
redefined_cycles

fontmoss wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:53 pm Obviously this appears on same day I finally pull the trigger on a new alpkit PD 400 :lol:
Oh no... sorry sir. I've been contemplating it for a few days but thought I may be able to raise the money through other avenues. Obviously not :grin:
ajf

Re: PHD sleeping bag (526g)

Post by ajf »

Lol may have been a 400 before stitching issue 😂

I'll take that. I'll DM you for payment shortly.
redefined_cycles

ajf wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:51 pm Lol may have been a 400 before stitching issue 😂

I'll take that. I'll DM you for payment shortly.
Sold (to you)... you might just have saved my TT stealth1 :grin: (but might sell ot anyway)...
O.R.

Post by O.R. »

If ajf doesn't end up taking it, I'm very interested. DM sent.
Bumpy Jonas

Post by Bumpy Jonas »

Hi guys I sold the bag to Shaf. It's a PHD400 minimus with a 900 fill it says so on the bag The model has changed since I bought it can't remember the age probably about 8 years. I bought it new It's virtually unused always stored loose indoors. This is brilliant bit of kit and a bargain. Cheers Peter