scotland trip

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

scotland trip

Post by Mike »

Right ill be bike packing from the 21st april to 17th may up in scotland, is anyone up there between these dates bikepacking. Im planing HT400 + Cairngorms + WHW + possibly Outhebs....so it would be good to bump into folk on my travels - ill of prob had enough of my own company after 2weeks so if anyones planning a trip please let me know :P ps or if anyone living up that way just fancies a night out for a bivvy
Zippy

Re: scotland trip

Post by Zippy »

I did the West Highland Way in a 1.5 days bike packing, the hike a bike bit between Ardleish and Inversnaid alongside Loch Lomand almost killed me - good luck ;)

Also spent the Easter weekend + a few days either side in the Outer Herbrides - really lovely place 8-)
Mike

Post by Mike »

missing that section out completely and heading north on Rob Roy way to killing then over top to tyndrum longer but looks great route
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Yetiman wrote:missing that section out completely and heading north on Rob Roy way to killing then over top to tyndrum longer but looks great route
Nah. It's rubbish ;-)
zigrat

Post by zigrat »

Am at bottom of WHW - will be in the borders 20th and 21st but back after - give us a holler if you're passing or need anything. Might have an idea on bypassing the inversnaid bit as well
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Doing a two day circular in the Trossachs area about 22/23.
Mike

Post by Mike »

had the worst weather ever, rain strong winds had it all but still managed to get 505miles in WHW-GGW-CAIRNGORMS-TROSSACHS so all was good 10days riding i had planned three weeks but the weather was far to demoralizing and its no fun with a constant head wind ive decided!!
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

505 miles is pretty good going though.
Well done.
Mike

Post by Mike »

mate im proper spanked, the winds finished me off big time! I got in 7 out of the 10 nights under the clouds wildcamping anyhow.. and found the best hostel ever in Nethy bridge called the lazy duck ( anyone up that way should check it out ).
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Well done. 50 miles a day for 10 days is pretty good going, especially given the weather we've been having (mostly that wind). I'd planned a ride up to the 3 Brethren this afternoon but turned back at the Minchmoor as it was too wet and increasingly cold. I reckon it was only 4-5 degrees at the summit and felt worse given the cold wind.

Are you going to do a more in-depth report once you've got your breath back?
Mike

Post by Mike »

my gf has asked me to do a blog as i brought alot of new gear from her shop before i went to trial on route so ill let u know. I may do a little write up soon with a few pics/highlights...im going back up in sept to do an isles trip with the b.o.b trailer i think!!