MYOG Fieldtest.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

MYOG Fieldtest.

Post by Ray Young »

Been a long time coming as things just seem to have been getting in the way of me getting out for a ride lately but today I managed it. So a 24 mile loop in the Pentland Hills to fieldtest my harness and fork mount bottles.
I was pretty confident of the way the harness would perform and indeed, perform it did. No dropped loads, no burst stitching and it held the drybag firm with no movement or adjustment required.
The fork mount bottles I was not so sure of, would the cage mounts be secure on the forks, would the bottles bounce out onto the trail, would people stop me in the streets asking for 2oz of sherbert lemons ( ;) Stu)? The bottles are 1.5l each and one held my bivi bag, tent pegs and a 250ml bottle of meths = 1.5lb, the other held a 3/4 inflatable mat, tarp, tarp extension and mini groundsheet, again = 1.5lb.
I took it easy at first but as time past I started to give it stick, no lost bottles, no noise, no bottles thrashing about and hitting the wheels, jobs a good un. I will have to try and get hold of some of the 2l bottles to give them a go or even skip that and go straight to drybag mountings for the fork legs. We'll see.

Almost forgot, tested the viewranger app on my phone. Plotted a route on the computer, transferred it to my phone, switched on GPS and pressed the go button to record time, distance and speed. Worked spot on and will be a great back up for paper maps.
ScotRoutes

Re: MYOG Fieldtest.

Post by ScotRoutes »

Did you count the number of logs across the trail :lol:
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi ScotRoutes, been a while since I was down "nailtrail" and winters certainly added a few extra obstacles in the way of logs. Well done for spotting the route.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

That wasn't winter - it was the Logman :-)
pushbikemike

Post by pushbikemike »

Nice one Ray. Looks good. Matching bars bar bag frame bag and bottle tops. ;)
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy say's "always know where your towel is". I say " always be coordinated". :roll: