WTD - Lightweight Stove Solutions

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: WTD - Lightweight Stove Solutions

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

On stoves; you decided not to sell the wool-packed one Stu?
(Assuming we're talking about the same one) There are some that I almost don't see the point in selling, as what I'd feel happy charging for them, is so small that it's not really worth taking the time to make them ... if you follow.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blinkin' annoying I lost mine. Probably a collector's item now.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

RIP wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:57 am Or bulk-buy for the three-course bivvy meal merchants:
https://www.imaginfires.co.uk/biofuel-l ... gYQAvD_BwE

12 litres for £39. Oh look, 34% off at the moment too.
Tah. could have done with that last March :grin:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bit weird being buried down in Classifieds with this talk about stoves, but whatever, good place as any. Sean asked me where I bought my Ti foil/sheet from for windshield construction porpoises. Firstly, I checked in Morrisbums (at the same time as I was measuring their cream pots - see other thread round the corner, in "Postman's Been.." is it? I'm totally confused now) to see if there was a big enough aluminium foil baking tray but there wasn't.

So, this seems to be the best Ti foil emporium, much as I try not to purchase stuff from the other side of the planet:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TA2-Titanium ... SwcMNeYg0~

I went for 2 sheets of 0.1mm x 200mm x 300mm. Should be enough for four windshields. Used it before and it's fine. Hours of fun drawing up the template yesterday - got three templates now: 400, 550, and 750 pots. Although in theory you'd need NINE shields if you have three different pots and three different interchangeable stoves! Goodness knows how many BrownDog has for his Stove Museum.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster