What are you listening to now?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blackhound

Re: What are you listening to now?

Post by Blackhound »

Chris, always liked the Chapel. Maybe my age but sitting in a pew with a cup of tea suits me these days.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blackhound wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:21 am Maybe my age but sitting in a pew with a cup of tea suits me these days.
Perfect! We need to do a ride together! In fact forget the ride, just the tea would be lovely. Doing anything in May? :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Boab

Post by Boab »

Music For Psychedelic Therapy by Jon Hopkins. Just missing the psychedelics...
Also waiting with baited breath for Brazilian Techno Goddess ANNA's debut long player, Intentions.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Jim Rider - Five Ways, a stand-out track in a mix that's really working for me this weekend. Cool name too : )

https://soundcloud.com/wwdxyz/jim-rider ... ys-snippet
RIP

Post by RIP »

Just listened three times in a row. One of their best I reckon. All the real men live in Macc...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LENsVg3VBtI

Say what you will but they certainly always had the audience in their palms. I've just twigged the inflatable sheep, fantastic!

I'd rather go down the pub!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I found a copy of Germ Free Adolescent for £3 in a London record shop. Helen is now sick of it
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

RIP » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:54 am

Blackhound wrote: ↑Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:21 am
Maybe my age but sitting in a pew with a cup of tea suits me these days.
Perfect! We need to do a ride together! In fact forget the ride, just the tea would be lovely. Doing anything in May?
Chris, what did you have in mind? May is going to be busy for me. We have damp-proofers coming in the last week in April followed by kitchen fitters followed by a plumber and electrician. And plasterers!

On the other hand, most of the professionals will want me well out of the way!
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blimey, sounds like you're having the house rebuilt from scratch! Just a one-nighter really.... mid afternoon to late next morning sort of thing maybe? Open to all ideas. Train to Matlock and wander round there perhaps? Barley Mow at Bonsall? :smile: Apparently Mrs Perrin is taking me for a week in Warslow 5th-12th so it'd be any time after that, midweek would be good.

(sorry folks, myself and 'Hound had better take this one off-line now :smile: )

Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

My brother was trawling for first press Cardiacs a few weeks ago and I spotted this wee beastie. Turns out the seller used to play guitar for the band and this is the copy given to him on joining. The first punk album I heard as a kid in Oz. I shall enjoy this with a strong coffee shortly as I've the house to myself for the weekend.

Reproduce at will!

ungovernable_force.jpg
ungovernable_force.jpg (154.34 KiB) Viewed 9052 times

Greetz

S : )
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Verena

Post by Verena »

Nothing yet, but will be up at six in the morning for another trip to Printworks London tomorrow, before they close.
Forever.
:sad:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Messrs Vanian, Sensible & Co at Oxford O2 :smile: . Right down at the front which was possibly a little foolhardy at my advanced age with all the jumping up and down, but hey ho. How did your visit up the big smoke go Verena?

Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:29 am which was possibly a little foolhardy at my advanced age with all the jumping up and down, but hey ho. How did your visit up the big smoke go Verena?
Ha, excellent, so are your knees also refusing to speak to you today??

It was brilliant, ta, possibly enjoyed it even more this time, maybe just knowing what to expect so we just relaxed and had fun - well, if you count nine hours dancing pretty much straight through as relaxing...

Evidence once more that bikepacking provides endlessly useful life skills. Like being able to roll home to bed at 3am on a school night and manage a reasonable impression of being awake and capable at work whilst being sleep deprived...

Superb selection of fine techno of the harder kind...friendly crowd...venue breathtaking as ever, will be such a shame to lose it, but so glad we found it just in time.

I'm definitely having way more fun in my middle age than I did in my youth...freed from any hopes and expectations, but also many fears and inhibitions...brilliant! And all enjoyed on just tap water!

Still can't get my head round that London is doable as a day trip on the National Express. Speaking of which, brilliantly Welsh coach driver, hilarious....Lots of giggling valleys "girls" at the front, so as we get into the city, he gets his microphone out and starts "explaining London" to us...."So now we are on the Embankment...Can any of you tell me the name of the river? No? Starts with a T? It's the Taff of course... Along by here now you'll see lots of very posh shops where you can't afford anything. Can't go in there ladies with your pension credit...or your PiP....etc. etc..."

Anyway Reg, why do you ask, you were there right?? On the way back to the coach station, this rolled up piece of tarp on a ledge at sort of chest height right next to the pavement suddenly burst into loud giggles just as we walked past! Frightened the life out of us! Surely that was you???
RIP

Post by RIP »

Not me guv, but don't give me ideas :smile:

ootini

Post by ootini »

There doesn't appear to be many boners in to Synthwave, but to help the cause, here's this little beauty...

Wojciech Golczewski - Childhood Dream

https://youtu.be/Aw__XBK26EM
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

ootini wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:11 am There doesn't appear to be many boners in to Synthwave, but to help the cause, here's this little beauty...

Wojciech Golczewski - Childhood Dream

https://youtu.be/Aw__XBK26EM
Enjoyed that, :-bd . I'm also mildly surprised as most stuff posted to edgy or modern for my middle of road Greatest sh!ts FM taste :lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Trials of Cato. 2nd album currently Gog Magog. We saw them last night in Church Stretton :shock: and they were excellent. I got into them in 2019 and we got the chance to see them in church in Dunton, Bedfordshire (Dunton Folk) and it was just perfect.
Shortly after one of them, Will Addison, left and is currently cycling to Singapore or somesuch :-bd . Will was replaced by Polly Bolton and obviously they changed. I've not really given the 2nd album a fair listening to, so I am now.
psling

Post by psling »

Not listening to as such but I bumped into the drummer from EMF yesterday. Had a good chinwag, he's started collecting vintage drum sets, mostly wood framed and has moved into a place local to me.
Mellowed a bit from their heyday :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

May the bridges you burn light your way
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense. 50th anniversary edition vinyl. Sounds great. Freakin' expensive though.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Rapideye wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:43 pm Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense. 50th anniversary edition vinyl. Sounds great. Freakin' expensive though.
At last music not noise! :-bd: :lol:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

They've re-done the film too and that's getting screened in Sept, I think. Just brilliant. The vinyl has added songs ie Tom Tom Club etc. All they need now is to sort themselves out, get a few gigs together, make $$$ and the rest of us can enjoy it live. All too many bands reform and make a shot-show if it. I think these guys would do it proper.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Can't POSSIBLY be the 50th anniversary edition .... I'm 56 and it came out when I was about 16 ... 40th surely ...

"Stop Making Sense is a 1984 American concert film featuring a live performance by the American rock band Talking Heads.
Directed by Jonathan Demme, it was shot over the course of three nights at Hollywood's Pantages Theater in December 1983"
Last edited by godivatrailrider on Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Ignore me, wrong thread...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.