Films to watch while isolating

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

User avatar
faustus
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:30 pm
Location: Newbury

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by faustus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:35 pm

https://player.bfi.org.uk/

I've seen this touted as a really good service. Lots of great quality films, subscription or rental, and loads of brilliant archive films and newsreel (including esoteric stuff for those that part own locomotives @RIP :wink: ). Subscription is free for 14 days then £5 a month.

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by ScotRoutes » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:09 pm

Rainspotting is now on Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/396764444

User avatar
ZeroDarkBivi
Posts: 1228
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:18 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by ZeroDarkBivi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm

rando nomad wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:58 pm
Explorers web has a list of free Banff Mtn Film Festival films that can be viewed for free

https://explorersweb.com/2020/03/23/100 ... -for-free/
Anybody get this to work?

Clicked on the link to the movie list and went to what looked like a PDF then weird sub standard started happening - like a virus attack - so had to shut it down rapid...


voodoo_simon
Posts: 2614
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by voodoo_simon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm
rando nomad wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:58 pm
Explorers web has a list of free Banff Mtn Film Festival films that can be viewed for free

https://explorersweb.com/2020/03/23/100 ... -for-free/
Anybody get this to work?

Clicked on the link to the movie list and went to what looked like a PDF then weird sub standard started happening - like a virus attack - so had to shut it down rapid...
Same here on safari

Cyclepeasant
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:56 am

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by Cyclepeasant » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Composite's film choice is on ITV2 tonight 10pm!! :-bd
Insanity over vanity

User avatar
sean_iow
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by sean_iow » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 am

This was posted in a facebook group I'm in for local singlespeeders

I watched it last night and it was a pleasant change of viewing. Be warned, if an hour of fixie riders tearing round San Francisco mainly without helmets and cutting through traffic to a soundtrack of cool music isn't your thing then look away now :lol:

https://www.mashsf.com/uncategorized/mash-2015-free

But might interest some. Weirdly, when I was watching it I had an urge to buy a fixie and get tattoos but I think that might just be a 50 year old man's inner self wanting to be cool again :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger

User avatar
K1100T
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by K1100T » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Some of these have already been mentioned...
https://bikepacking.com/plog/our-favori ... ing-films/
I like beer. 🍻

User avatar
htrider
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Fife
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by htrider » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:49 pm

sean_iow wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 am
This was posted in a facebook group I'm in for local singlespeeders

I watched it last night and it was a pleasant change of viewing. Be warned, if an hour of fixie riders tearing round San Francisco mainly without helmets and cutting through traffic to a soundtrack of cool music isn't your thing then look away now :lol:

https://www.mashsf.com/uncategorized/mash-2015-free

But might interest some. Weirdly, when I was watching it I had an urge to buy a fixie and get tattoos but I think that might just be a 50 year old man's inner self wanting to be cool again :lol:
Watched a few of his films last year, pretty mental, but fair play for taking such big risks :lol:

BenS
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by BenS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:35 am

voodoo_simon wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am
ZeroDarkBivi wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm
rando nomad wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:58 pm
Explorers web has a list of free Banff Mtn Film Festival films that can be viewed for free

https://explorersweb.com/2020/03/23/100 ... -for-free/
Anybody get this to work?

Clicked on the link to the movie list and went to what looked like a PDF then weird sub standard started happening - like a virus attack - so had to shut it down rapid...
Same here on safari
Try https://www.banffcentre.ca/film-fest-at ... kCELWmalGg

voodoo_simon
Posts: 2614
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by voodoo_simon » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Cheers, that works :-bd

Someone on here recommended an edit on a chap that decided to run a marathon in one day, running a mile every hour* and then doing tasks between. Watched it a year or so ago and enjoyed it, impressive what you can do in a day if you put your mind to it

*he ran 3 miles for the first hour before anyone comments

Edit here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvT5XS7j-Dc

techno
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 am
Location: Hull

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by techno » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 pm

This was linked by the RSF Instagram: https://youtu.be/QPkT0paGEnQ
CTC organised cyclists special train from London. A bit like the WRT in tweeds.
Image

User avatar
Jurassic pusher
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:24 pm
Location: West Dorset

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by Jurassic pusher » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Groundhog day was on this afternoon, I think alot of us will be experiencing that before long!

techno
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 am
Location: Hull

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by techno » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Not films, but a massive list of audio recordings from Glastonbury 1981 to 2019: https://livebootlegconcert.blogspot.com ... 3.html?m=1
Image


User avatar
composite
Posts: 1407
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by composite » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Moon

techno
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 am
Location: Hull

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by techno » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 pm

composite wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm
Moon
Cheese
Image

User avatar
sean_iow
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by sean_iow » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:00 pm

composite wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm
Moon
Good call, that's a great movie. I've just looked up the soundtrack on YouTube and just the opening bars of Welcome To Lunar Industries is making the hairs stand up on the back of my neck :smile:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by ScotRoutes » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Nobody has mentioned Doomsday yet?

Includes some lice views of Scotland

User avatar
K1100T
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by K1100T » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:42 pm

composite wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm
Moon
Cracking film. Also the basis of a cracking Essential Mix by James Zabiela in 2010.
I like beer. 🍻

User avatar
BigdummySteve
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by BigdummySteve » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:10 pm

Id highly recommend Dark city ( directors cut )
A strangely unknown SIFI classic which predates the matrix but is very similar in style.
We're all individuals...except me

“Y’all, think on
While you’re capturing the zeitgeist
They’re widening the motorway”-HMHB

User avatar
ootini
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by ootini » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:26 pm

Once upon a time in the West
Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
Little monsters
El Orfanato
Train to Busan
Frozenland
The thin red line
The hide
Irreversible
Wolf creek
Pan's labyrinth
M83 - midnight city, reunion, wait.

Cocker
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by Cocker » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:49 am

unbreakable on you tube,about western state 100 miler.makes me want to start jogging

User avatar
K1100T
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by K1100T » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:07 am

Cocker wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:49 am
unbreakable on you tube,about western state 100 miler.makes me want to start jogging
Check out Where Dreams Go To Die - Gary Robbins and The Barkley Marathons, that'll put you off running... or not.
I like beer. 🍻

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 17582
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: Films to watch while isolating

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:18 am

That's Loch Shiel in the background.

Image
#corporate shill for hire

Post Reply