Salsa go SS Gravel.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Re: Salsa go SS Gravel.

Post by FLV »

I'm going to rebuild my ISO shortly and am trying with popping a tensioner on it for SS just to see. Chainring maxes out at 36 but with a suitable sprocket and it's hilly round here that may be ok
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Mactheknife68 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:36 pm @voodoo_simon you’ll be disappointed the boring head painter at Salsa painted the frame only option in the normal Salsa boring black :-bd I do like Salsa and have owned about half a dozen but £1200 for an aluminum frame is madness. I bought my Salsa GX frame in 2017 which is steel with a carbon fork for £500 brand new
I like the grey but it’s not a patch on the red.

Worked in retail for years, most people would get attracted to the bright coloured jacket/bike etc but then would always opt for the black one :roll:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

FLV wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:15 am I'm going to rebuild my ISO shortly and am trying with popping a tensioner on it for SS just to see. Chainring maxes out at 36 but with a suitable sprocket and it's hilly round here that may be ok
I run 36/18 for my hilly area and its ideal
Mactheknife68

Post by Mactheknife68 »

@voodoo_simon I just looked through their complete Allroad section and the frames are all black. At least Surly, Allcity Cycles and Brother etc have frames in nice colours and even the same as the full bike. Poor variety from Salsa and I’m a fan.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Mactheknife68 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:53 pm @voodoo_simon I just looked through their complete Allroad section and the frames are all black. At least Surly, Allcity Cycles and Brother etc have frames in nice colours and even the same as the full bike. Poor variety from Salsa and I’m a fan.
Good lord, you're right. Now that is boring :shock: (Also a salsa fan with two in the garage)
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

voodoo_simon wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:22 am
Mactheknife68 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:53 pm @voodoo_simon I just looked through their complete Allroad section and the frames are all black. At least Surly, Allcity Cycles and Brother etc have frames in nice colours and even the same as the full bike. Poor variety from Salsa and I’m a fan.
Good lord, you're right. Now that is boring :shock: (Also a salsa fan with two in the garage)
...and the Timberjack frame comes in black as well!

In defence of your fleet Simon at least salsa paired the black with a nice contrasting colour rather than just keeping it monochrome. :mrgreen:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

johnnystorm wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:17 am

In defence of your fleet Simon at least salsa paired the black with a nice contrasting colour rather than just keeping it monochrome. :mrgreen:
I was hoping no one was going to point out that I’m a massive hypocrite :lol:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

voodoo_simon wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:13 pm
johnnystorm wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:17 am

I was hoping no one was going to point out that I’m a massive hypocrite :lol:
I wouldn't have said you were massive, or have you had the lockdown munchies? :lol: