north wales bivy tomorrow

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

north wales bivy tomorrow

Post by Mike »

Hi all im heading to Betws y Coed tomorrow around 1pm ish, if anyone fancies getting out or is already up there im riding around the Sarn Helen loop (bivy out somewhere out the back ) of Moel Sibod then back into town for breaky then off out the back of marin trail towards Capel then hopefully out the back to Dulyn bothy for sunday night. I will head back to car monday arvo...thought id open to anyone :D
MM-on-POINT

Re: north wales bivy tomorrow

Post by MM-on-POINT »

I missed your post yetiman, im just on the train now coming back from dulyn bothy, it was fun but a lot of hike a bike.
You might get lucky enough to find my coal still smouldering...
Have fun a i hope you took spare socks
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Sorry Mike - missed out due to family issues last week.
Hope you had a good trip - looking forward to photos of Siabod bivi. Where did you stop 'cos I've been thinking of the little bit of hike-a-bike up to one of the small llyns on the east side like Llyn Y Foel below the summit... short carry up from the forest track below to a good spot I have in mind.
Cheers, Mark
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Mike

Post by Mike »

mm-on-point - the bothy was amazing well in the morning when i could see it. got there at 730, that rocky descent from the top res was evil frozen and dark. had bothy to myself was brilliant and after that hard climb back up to top the descent was great back to the carpark then i made my way back to betws.

ill get some pics up once my comp is playing ball ......

99%chimp - i found a great spot just before the cross rds where the private track sign is to the quarry near the down hill. however i also found a great secluded spot by a river n bridge right in the middle of forest which would make for a great overnighter....give me a shout if u do that ride as a bivy i kinda know where ur talking about id be well up for it!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

i also found a great secluded spot by a river n bridge right in the middle of forest which would make for a great overnighter
I know where that is ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

And theres me thinking id found a secret spot it would be a grand spot hey stu. plenty of shelter n dry wood for a small fire loads of water so may have to try it one night :D
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Yet me know when you feel like trying that spot you found, we can see if we can successfully cross path this time...?
Mike

Post by Mike »

MM no probs ill be doing another in the next few weeks so if i head up wales ill PM you :D possibly out tues wed over brown clee area for my 1st march effort!!