Wanted - hope bottom bracket

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

Wanted - hope bottom bracket

Post by Retiredtester »

Having experienced disappointingly short life spans with sram bbs, I'm going to give hope a go and just wondered whether anyone had one with usable bearings kicking around? 68mm bb shell and 24mm axle. Thanks
Mart

Re: Wanted - hope bottom bracket

Post by Mart »

Ive not had any problem with my stainless one - Its certainly outlived other std bottom brackets ive had
2924 miles per Gallon
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks mart. I may well just bite the bullet and get a new one, but just thought I'd ask in case someone had changed bb standards and had a redundant one.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Is your existing crank a sram gxp? If so don't forget you'll need the adapters as well.

I use a Hope BB (and adapters) with my XO cranks and it works well. SRAM only seem to make 2 BB's, one is dirt cheap (£25) and the bottom spec and the other is the Black Box one, top spec at £140.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks Sean, I've got the gxp adaptors.
jameso

Post by jameso »

I have a Praxis BB that takes press-in std size bearings if it's of interest? £10+post. Bearings are OK but on way out. Sealing is simple shields over a SB. TBH I didn't think it was Chilterns winter SS proof so took it out and the new XT is lasting well. I might have a fresh set of bearings for it somewhere.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Having used shimano for awhile now i to have gone to hope ss bb and it lasting alot longer than the xt did for sure
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks for all the replies. I've managed to find one on ebay, so it's reassuring to hear they last a bit longer than the Christmas cracker sram ones! The praxis one sounds interesting james - does it fit a standard bsa threaded frame?