Kings House hotel to Rannoch station track

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blackhound

Kings House hotel to Rannoch station track

Post by Blackhound »

Does anybody know the above track which is 10+ miles long? It looks like double track at either end with about 2.5 miles of moorland track in the middle looking at the OS map.

I am hoping to ride it in May but I have just one day to get from Glencoe to Blair Atholl so can't afford for to be hike-a-bike all the way. I have the option of getting a train from FW to Rannoch and riding on the road from there but this would be a nice way to go it has a reasonable surface in the most part.
padonbike

Re: Kings House hotel to Rannoch station track

Post by padonbike »

Hi yes I know this very well!!!
I quit out of my HT reccie last year after just 4 hours and made my way to Rannoch, not really expecting to get a train back to Tyndrum.
I took this track, the map is pretty much correct. I remember about 2km 3 absolute max in the middle that is tussocky/boggy semi-pathed but the bits before and aft are nice riding. So yes go for it! :-bd :-bd :-bd
Still a decent way back to Tyndrum on the road when you emerge at Kinghouse :lol:
Blackhound

Re: Kings House hotel to Rannoch station track

Post by Blackhound »

Thanks for the replies. Never thought to do a search. Might see what kind of spring we have and decide on trail or train to Rannoch.