Rear Brake for On One Inbred?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

nobby

Rear Brake for On One Inbred?

Post by nobby »

Hi all
My first post, I think.

I bought an Inbred frame last week and started moving bits across from my old frame. I have a problem with the rear brake. The mounts are between the chain stay and seat stay. My lbs has sold me a Shimano BR-M416A because I have a cable operated Shimano discs on the forks but the mounting holes are at right angles to the mounts on the frame.
I assume that there should be a mounting adapter between frame and brake. Does anybody know what it looks like, have a part number or can point me to a seller or picture, please?

I would take frame and brake to the lbs but I have terminal man flu at the moment and they don't want me to go in the shop :)
"What doesn't kill us makes us stranger." - The Joker
restlessshawn

Re: Rear Brake for On One Inbred?

Post by restlessshawn »

You need a post mount to rear IS adaptor, which one will depend on what size disc you are using
slarge

Post by slarge »

Yes, a post mount caliper to IS frame mount is needed. This normally means you go up 20mm in disc size (so if you had a 160mm rear caliper, with the adaptor you will now need a 180mm disc.

Look on Chain Reaction etc to see the plethora of adaptors available. Normally between £6 and £12.
Then try to figure out which one you need, confuse yourself stupid and come back on here!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=13749

I assume it's a 160mm disc? If so then this should fasten the lot together without the need to go up in disc size.
May the bridges you burn light your way
nobby

Post by nobby »

Thanks for the help :D
"What doesn't kill us makes us stranger." - The Joker