New Luna Solo

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mechanicaldope

New Luna Solo

Post by mechanicaldope »

Just when I give up waiting it appears that the new version of the luna solo is available. Not sure what has changed? Anyway, ships too late to be any good to me for the time being. If anyone gets any experience with it then please let me know. Cheers.
ScotRoutes

Re: New Luna Solo

Post by ScotRoutes »

It uses a different fabric.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

Can anyone tell me if these tents will fit a lanky person? Estimated lankyness?
The internal length looks good on paper but it angles down quite a lot at each end.

Ps. My brand new, never used, army Gortex bag arrived today. £40. It's huge, but I am not short. And at that price, easily cut down and re-taped with a midge net.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

You'll hit the ends if you're tall

I'm 6'3 and find myself very limited on lightweight shelters, which is disappointing. Plus all my kit is heavier than normal as it's all 'long/large' size, boo hoo me

My bikepacking shelter is a bivi and tarp/TrAliStar. Tents like the Scarp 1are a good fit if you're tall
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

You can increase the effective length of a Lunar Solo by using the two mid-panel lifters. I believe the new fabric also has less "droop" when wet. That should help too.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

Thanks for the replies.
I'm tall, so I guess I will hold off until I see one. I have a Hilleberg Akto as my lightest tall person's tent. But it is 1.6kg.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Depending on how much abuse you intend to give it you could always look at the naturehike cloud 2. I'm 6ft 4 and it's plenty big enough for me. I sleep on a bit of an angle in it but that's fine if you're alone. I doubt it'd stand up to really bad stuff but it's around 1.3kg or less and I've been impressed with it.