Earworms

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Charliecres

Earworms

Post by Charliecres »

I’m sure I’m not the only one to get a tune or two stuck in their head when out covering miles. This one seemed particularly relevant on my last trip: https://youtu.be/RpXTISw_Huw

Then there was the coprophiliac anthem I composed to the tune of Abba’s Take a *chance* on me that I composed while pushing up the Coffin Road. But the least said about that the better.

What goes round and round your brain?
fatbikephil

Re: Earworms

Post by fatbikephil »

Russian classical. Great as it lasts a long time....
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Never understood why the lyricist of that song thought wearing a pair of jeans for 4 days was noteworthy.

I was once outside a pub in Bangor watching a man leaning against the wall shitting in his jeans, egged on enthusaitically by about 15 mates. Don't see me writing a winsome indie-pop ditty about that, do you?
techno

Post by techno »

In Reverse wrote:Never understood why the lyricist of that song thought wearing a pair of jeans for 4 days was noteworthy.

I was once outside a pub in Bangor watching a man leaning against the wall shitting in his jeans, egged on enthusaitically by about 15 mates. Don't see me writing a winsome indie-pop ditty about that, do you?
You could give it a go? Don't imagine it'd get much play on radio 2 though.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Recently it has been “So what?” by the Anti-Nowhere League.

Try it yourself you’ll never get rid.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

A classic. You boring little **** :wink:
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

I'll see your So What and raise you - Anti-Pasti - No Government https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA82CeOcpwc

These days, once I draw back the dark veil of my preferred listening, I dip into a bit of Pirate Metal for aural super glue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0

or maybe a bit of Polka Metal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80YlCQueSfo
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

I was visited by Securicor Cares by Crass on the banks of Locch Affric. Go figure

https://youtu.be/7S3cF4h03hw
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Polka metal. Goodness :shock:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Here’s on for our reg :-bd

https://g.co/kgs/2MvC3Y
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
jameso

Post by jameso »

Ha.. tends to happen as I'm approaching 'in trouble' stage on a long ride so I recognise it as a pre-bonk warning. Worst one was in the Alps once on the road bike slogging up a never-ending col - Supertramp, Logical Song. Where on earth that came from I have no idea. Slow, a bit odd and quite dreary... Then somehow on the downhills the speeded-up sub standard pop-techno version that someone did somehow got into my head. No logic in that, just weird.

Edit -
coprophiliac
- I just learned a new word today :o

And on a music theme, turbo-trainer plus Metallica. Well that works. Usually have some deep/progressive techno of the right sort of bpm but if only I'd realised before what thrash metal could do for my pace :lol: Not sure how but I could hold about 5bpm over the level that I usually get to over a 5 min effort. So, science says metal makes you faster :cool:
RIP

Post by RIP »

That was a curious little ditty there Steve, ta for sharing. Can't stand rap 'music' but either side of it was a sort of Vivian Stanshallesque crooning which was rather appealing.

Just off out to paint my half of the drainpipe pink.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

On the 2nd day of the WRT all I could think about was beer , then I had dirty glass by drop kick Murphy's going round in my head , not sure if it was for the reference to drink or looking down at the state of my naglene bottle
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

This is a bit of an aside, but there was a young lass used to work for us, always turned up singing the most god-awful pop ditties. Apparently there was a market stall close by to her bus stop that played this garbage at full volume and whatever it was would get stuck in her head. After a while we worked this out, and out of kindness (and a little self interest) thought up a plan. Johnny Cash hour, which worked a dream.
Science shows that Johnny Cash kills all known pop ear-worms and possibly many others.
Scud

Post by Scud »

I've had Moving on Up by M-People stuck in my head on the 4500m of the Dragon Devil, almost made me want to crash on bloody purpose!

Also when stuck in the middle of a blizzard just commuting back from work, i had stuck in my head "club tropicana, drink are free, burning sunshine, there's enough for everyone..."!

My mind hates the rest of me....