Knee warmers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scattamah

Re: Knee warmers

Post by Scattamah »

There are rules for this sh!t? I put mine under or over as the time takes me.

Greetz

S.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

JohnClimber wrote:
htrider wrote:Planet X 'compression' knee warmers for me - cheap and been good so far.
Seconded, I have 2 pairs and they are still as good as new after 3 years of constant use
https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLPX365CKW ... ee-warmers
Just looking at these. How do you size knees?
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Bought a pair ages ago, but rarely use them as 90% of my bikepacking is in 3/4 length bib-shorts. That said, I find super thin arm screens are great in sunny climes, and the Castelli nanos are ideal for UK. However, in the spirit of TLS / minimising faff, I now mostly ride in long sleeves, as the protection from sun/rain/wind/insects/gravel-rash outweighs any perceived downsides.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Scattamah wrote:There are rules for this sh!t? I put mine under or over as the time takes me.
You don't know about the rules!! :o
psling

Post by psling »

Whatever the rules, standing with your knee warmers on before you put your bibshorts on is not a good look. Well, maybe on other types of forum... :shock:

Morvelo, Ground Effect and Pearl Izumi here, Morvelo are current favourites.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Forgot to say, I think there probably is some value in lightweight knee protectors that can also double up as warmers, if your riding knarlier descents. I might get some of these before my next Alpine jaunt, if I can find something that I get on with.