New Tent - BEAR WITH ME

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jaminb

New Tent - BEAR WITH ME

Post by jaminb »

I am now a full paid up tarp member and love my bicycle 3.5 and 7 however I would like to take my 3 year old daughter bike camping and we are slightly worried about her escaping from under the tarp whilst I sleep. I think a lightweight tent that can zip her in might be the solution.

Lighter and larger the better really - hopefully wont be exposed to any extreme weather but she can be a bit rough!

I have found the Hex Peak f6a and the Alpkit Ordos 2 that look to fit the bill but I have no experience of buying a tent.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks
Bearbonesnorm

Re: New Tent - BEAR WITH ME

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've got a HexPeak. Seems well made and plenty of room.

Recently spotted the Eureka lone tree tent 3 and 4. Look good value as they can be had at quite a discount with some careful shopping.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

I've got the lone tree 3, it's a great tent, very stable :-bd
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Maybe too small for you but my wife and I use a gelert solo tent with tarp combo. One edge of the tarp goes over the tent ridge line and is supported with two of Stu's poles. Gives plenty of space to sit under. The wife sleeps inside and I'm under the tarp.
I originally bought the tent for my use but very soon discovered it's weaknesses so stopped using it until I persuaded the wife to come out on occasions. At least it's now getting some use.

Not the best photo but you get the idea.
ImageIMG_20170402_071032 by youngray50, on Flickr
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I have a Hexpeak V4a and I'm sure there'd be enough room in it for a three year old and an adult. I love mine, it's super roomy for solo camping and is fairly light and packable. I use mine with one of Stu's superb carbon poles and some ti pegs to further minimise weight. :-bd
Nevis

Post by Nevis »

I have a lone tree 3 too. Very happy with mine, loads of room.