Calling Fat Bike owners

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Calling Fat Bike owners

Post by JohnClimber »

Next year (May/June) I'm thinking of a long, but very short notice (to guarantee the best weather) weekend bivi ride on South & North Uist on the Outer Hebrides.

Travelling up by car to Oban, leave the car there and take the ferry with the Fat Bike to Lockboisdale, then head north to the top of the North Uist and back down south again.
Taking the Fat bike on the beaches north if there's a tail wind or if there's a head wind, take the road north and get blown back down the numerous beaches.

Around 170miles over 3 days.

Anyone fancy this?

PS I've not asked the wife for a the pass yet :cry:
valleydaddy

Re: Calling Fat Bike owners

Post by valleydaddy »

sounds vaguely exciting maybe I could wangle this with the wife visiting family up there ;)
gairym

Post by gairym »

i'm just beginning the process of designing/building myself a fatbike frame and those dates seem to it in with the current provisional dates for our trip back to the UK and so, although between now and then anything could change, i'm potentially up for this.
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

I could potentially be up for this. I have a mukluk that I've not used anywhere near enough. Depends on work schedule and timings, and it's a long drive from here (devon) where are you based?
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Forgot about this post, this ride is 50/50 as the wife isn't too happy about me going away for yet another weekend.
I might nip up via Uig on Skye mid week on a bit of a work/skive/work thing