Bursitis elbow

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

smartay

Bursitis elbow

Post by smartay »

Hi all
Have anyone on here suffered with bursitis, had it about ten years ago, reddening of the elbow and a he'll of a lot of pain
This time I have joke elbow, no real pain but my elbow joint looks like an engineer ball pein hammer. Also known as Popeye elbow. On a course of anti biotic at moment
Can get into my Flickr account any more so unfortunately can't post a pic
Alpinum

Re: Bursitis elbow

Post by Alpinum »

:-bd
Chronic bursitis in both my knees from trashing them as a teenager and crashing the poop out of myself downhill and freeride biking.
Riding long is quite okay, but hiking and skiing needs loads of accustoming and despite building up towards heavy use hardly goes by without any pain.

Also my right elbow once got smashed pretty bad when I took a fall when free solo iceclimbing, cracking the joint, bones and blowing up the bursa.
It's sore when I sit too much at a desk...
Besides that, absolutely no issues, just more sensitive to hits and ever since creaks . But then I don't hit it that often nowadays.

Thankfully it hasn't stopped me from going up and down big mountains, hiking or biking or whatever for big distances, multiple weeks.

Hope you get well soon
smartay

Post by smartay »

I broke my scapula, shoulder pushed down breaking off lower portion, no surgery and pretty much 100% movement ten years ago, I'm wondering if there is a tie up between the two injuries......and yes it was mtb at Llandegla
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

i had this for a couple of months after cracking my elbow in just the wrong place on a rock whilst kayaking.

worst part was not being able to put my elbow on desk.

ended up wearing a mtb elbow pad (race face charge) quite a lot to protect it until it got better.