The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slarge

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by slarge »

Richard, I am about to swap the long cage on my rear mech for a medium cage. It's a 10speed XTR m986 rear mech. You are welcome to it, it's in excellent condition.

(Talking about the cage only, not the mech)
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Backcountry Research Baguette holder arrived this morning :smile:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

rufus748 wrote:Backcountry Research Baguette holder arrived this morning :smile:
Mine too... :-bd
Ian

Post by Ian »

Ditto :cool:
barney

Post by barney »

well following on from my daft "dry bag as a water carrier" idea I've seen sense and splashed out on a 900ml Evernew bag... well what else is a student loan for! :grin:

Did a bit of research and apparently they are a bit of a better fit than Platypus bags

Wait for me...
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Snow Pig Fatty hubs from Just Riding Along. Seem very nice quality.
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

JohnClimber wrote:
rufus748 wrote:Backcountry Research Baguette holder arrived this morning :smile:
Mine too... :-bd
Did you get em from mtbriders on ebay? That's the only uk seller that google wants to show me...
benp1

Post by benp1 »

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

From here, with a discount code (which has ended)
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

Oh great thanks! :-bd

Oh they have a non-ending discount codes page for when you buy multiple things
http://www.cyclorise.com/special-offers.html
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

MarkJS wrote:
PeterC wrote:On a spending spree!
A very nice package from Backcountry in Aviemore containing Revelate Pika and Jerrycan, Alpamayo front harness, front accessory bag and a small frame bag. All tried out on bike and fits well, though a bit of jiggling with cables required.
Be interested to hear how you get on with the harness. I was thinking about buying couple of revelate harnesses but recently received a couple of alpamayo feed bags - very impressed with the quality and value so I've paused to consider my options.
Mark, Sorry missed your post, hope it's not too late to reply. I made the decision to buy based on Stu's review on the BB blog. I have only had it out the once so far a fairly tame bridleway bimble, so nothing too bouncy. It was loaded with about 3kg (tent, s.bag and clothes) and nothing slipped, or any other mishap. It is an extremely well made piece of kit (similar quality to the Revelate Pika) at a very good price (£24 less than Revelate harness). A bonus for me was the front bag that attaches to it, which will be very useful when away for a few days or more. Hope that's of help.
Peter
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Apparently the Ortlieb seat pack has arrived at home :)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Baguette holder??? You'll be gatecrashing the SE Bivi mob next. You'll need a cappucino to dip it into or whatever it is one does with baguettes.

Anyway, one strictly for the weight-weenies: jiffy bag arrived today with four 1m x 10mm Sea2Summit straps to replace Alpkit ones. Hook attachments rather than push-clip things. 8g each compared to 19g each. Best bit is the clips are gold to match my jockey wheels - BLINGTASTIC!

Then substitute Exped U/L bag at 27g for 113g Alpkit one, and for two bar-bags that's a saving of 216g. I'm sure someone'll be along in a moment to say the Expeds'll wear out in one ride and they're probably right.

R
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

RIP wrote:Baguette holder??? You'll be gatecrashing the SE Bivi mob next. You'll need a cappucino to dip it into or whatever it is one does with baguettes.

Anyway, one strictly for the weight-weenies: jiffy bag arrived today with four 1m x 10mm Sea2Summit straps to replace Alpkit ones. Hook attachments rather than push-clip things. 8g each compared to 19g each. Best bit is the clips are gold to match my jockey wheels - BLINGTASTIC!

Then substitute Exped U/L bag at 27g for 113g Alpkit one, and for two bar-bags that's a saving of 216g. I'm sure someone'll be along in a moment to say the Expeds'll wear out in one ride and they're probably right.

R

TWO bar bags Reg? There's clearly a 50% weight saving to be had there :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blast - rumbled. One for the sleeping gear, one for the party outfit? Actually, tend to have summer s'bag in 8L and winter one in 13L (loft maintenance purposes), plus another 8L for the tarp/mat/poles/pegs/pillow/pump/etc. Koala "out back" (as our American cousins would have it. Or is it "in back"?) for everything else. Semi-abandoned the fuel tank now, using bulging pockets instead (as I think Zippy observantly pointed out :-)); MYOG gaffer stemcell for water, and real stemcell for Steripen etc.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Reg, you haven't mentioned your map case...!
RIP

Post by RIP »

Oh, and there's my map case as well, did I mention that? :wink:

6g including string and gaffer tape.

I'm suddenly having difficulty holding onto what remains of my sanity, what IS the point of all this?! Probably something to do with a dark corner of The Universal Truth or something. It'll all end in tears at bedtime I know it.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm suddenly having difficulty holding onto what remains of my sanity, what IS the point of all this?!
Some people work themselves to death, some drink themselves to death and others use worry as the medium. The destination's the same for us all but how you choose to get there is up to you and doing it as lightly as possible, is no madder than owt else.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Thanks Stu, that slap helped no end :-bd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPugcb7QGE

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Thanks Stu, that slap helped no end
Sorry Reg. Wasn't meant as a slap, simply my explanation for 'what is the point?'. Obviously, there's no point as we're all going to die sooner or later but you've got to fill the time between now and then with something and seeing how much weight you can remove from your kit, is no more pointless than anything else people do ... while they await the reaper :grin:
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

No apologies needed at all Stu, my comment was one of the many tongue in cheek ones that never come across properly on tinternet! Maybe someone can design a tongue-in-cheek smiley for me. As you saw from the Airplane clip I felt i was getting hysterical so needed similar treatment :-).

I've had some Ryvita and calmed down now.

(Are we still allowed to eat Ryvita what with this 'burnt things are carcinogenic' "scare"?)

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

RIP wrote: Are we still allowed to eat Ryvita what with this 'burnt things are carcinogenic' "scare"?
Only when thickly buttered and covered in Marmite. Use whatever you like on the Ryvita,
Ian

Post by Ian »

Cambium saddle from Mr Fitz :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Cheers Steve. :-bd
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A set of Alpkit Bear Paws pogies :???: