The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mariner

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Mariner »

Pair of BB carbon poles from Artie.
Thanks.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

New iphone as i dropped my Sony and it was cheaper to buy a phone then replace the screen!!! :oops:
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Pair of Inoo Bluetooth Earphones to pair up to my phone for music on the go. This means I don't have to take my mp3 as well as my phone. I never got on with the mp3, I couldn't figure out how to use it properly, I could only move it on one track at a time, it wasn't loud enough and I no longer have to have a connecting lead. Sound quality is pretty good, could do with as bit more bass and it goes louder than I will ever need. :-bd
slarge

Post by slarge »

Pair of cotter pins and a bottom bracket oiler for the butchers bike. A bike bag from Wiggle and some fork oil. What an exciting life!
Ian

Post by Ian »

A pair of fast rolling 35mm tyres ready for the Valley Cat this weekend.
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

A sweet protection bushwacker MIPS helmet in the sale (£50 off) given my predilection for ending up not on the bike.

It's VERY orange!
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Been keeping the postie busy this week in music and electrics.

New SPoT Gen 3 on sale at Memory Map, and a Sony mobile that is supposed to be waterproof. I also won a Garmin Dakota 20 on Ebay that looks new and arrived with me within 40 hours of sale finishing. I lost a small mp3 player on the flight (I think) and bought a second hand one for bikepacking trips.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

See my post from yesterday blackhound, the Sony Xperia is a great phone but in the fragile side. Get a case for it as the back of my phone cracked during normal use in my pocket, whilst the front got smashed by dropping it (OK, so that one was completely my fault). Great phones though with a top quality camera
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

custom made light weight bivi bag, all my own specifications and done in my favourite colour (Green) Made up with it :cool:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Lawmanmx wrote:custom made light weight bivi bag, all my own specifications and done in my favourite colour (Green) Made up with it :cool:
You might get a few folk asking where'd you get it from? what's it made of? does it have a bug net?, is it waterproof? what's it weigh? How much did it cost? That sort of thing ;)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A 6m x 4m gazebo to replace a smaller one that got trashed at last years WRT.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

"trashed".. gulp, that was some tea and cake party then..... Might bring my body armour....

Postie: Seam sealant to apply to mat to stop it sliding around. Don't want to end up under someone else's tarp by the morning. Well not unless I'm formally invited to of course.

"Reg"
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

"trashed".. gulp, that was some tea and cake party then..... Might bring my body armour....
Let's just say, Saturday started off a tad windy :wink:
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Ian wrote:
Lawmanmx wrote:custom made light weight bivi bag, all my own specifications and done in my favourite colour (Green) Made up with it :cool:
You might get a few folk asking where'd you get it from? what's it made of? does it have a bug net?, is it waterproof? what's it weigh? How much did it cost? That sort of thing ;)
and I would say, from a guy in southport (Scotty) its made of some superlight highly breathable material (which name slips me) and some lightweight p.u material underneath, it has a bug net AND a fold overface flap, and zipper 3/4 its length, 220cm long and 92cm wide, it weighed in at 350gms in its stuff sack and I don't know if I mentioned it BUT im really made up with it :-bd

Pm me if you want his phone number, he makes bags to order and specification, hammocks, down bags and other stuff too no doubt, top fella and would highly recommend his work :cool:
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Lawmanmx wrote:
Ian wrote:
and I would say, from a guy in southport (Scotty) its made of some superlight highly breathable material (which name slips me) and some lightweight p.u material underneath, it has a bug net AND a fold overface flap, and zipper 3/4 its length, 220cm long and 92cm wide, it weighed in at 350gms in its stuff sack and I don't know if I mentioned it BUT im really made up with it :-bd

Pm me if you want his phone number, he makes bags to order and specification, hammocks, down bags and other stuff too no doubt, top fella and would highly recommend his work :cool:
This Scotty by any chance ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zipped-bivy-b ... SwDuJWvhgM
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

the very same :) he's a Top fella and deffo knows his stuff :-bd
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

I often look at his gear on Ebay some really good well thought out designs ,do you have a pic of the Bivi ?
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

he has some great idea's, im not sure if their all his? as I don't really know whats already out there, but he's a smart dude for sure :smile:

I do have some pics but would have to email them to you as I don't upload them to any flickr type sites to get them on here
danielgroves

Post by danielgroves »

Small catchup one from last week:

Full set of Ortlieb panniers
Ortlieb bar pack, with camera insert
Tubus Cosmo and Tubus Tara racks
Exped Hyperlight Synmat
Exped Air pillow
Adventures and Photography Blog: danielgroves.net/adventures-photography
Twitter: @danielsgroves
Instagram: @danielsgroves
Photography on Facebook: facebook.com/danielgrovesphotography
Photography on Instagram: @danielgrovesphotography
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Postman dropped off my Numo mat after alpkit repaired it, very quick solution from them and hopefully do another test run soon now its fixed

Also picked up an Osprey stuff pack, a little packaway bag for shopping, extra food on bike trips or just carrying some kit while I lock up the bike outside a pub or something
FlyingFox

Post by FlyingFox »

After a "royal fail" and my birthday present was lost in the post, Alpkit have resent a new Koala which has dutifully been filled with my sleep system, just need a couple of days off work to test it now!
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Special treat for my on-going Burls build. Complete with custom wooden fork bung complements of Stif Cycles

Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Will that axle be stiff enough?

I should also say ... it's lucky you're good with words, 'cos you're ******* **** with pictures :wink:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I blame my phone
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

Look at the shiny shiny.

Wife has a long weekend this weekend. Might go for a ride out to the red roofed bothy and try them out with my bicycle.

A bicycle 3.5 partially suspended from bits of the bike is good for one on an unltra light crusade but a. Set of poles will open it up to use for 2 plus i wanted poles for the door of my hoolie 2 etc.
Attachments
image.jpg
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 134 times