My fight to try to win the 2016 Highland Trail

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: My fight to try to win the 2016 Highland Trail

Post by whitestone »

If you look on Trackleaders and select Javi's history then you can hover your mouse over each SPOT chirp and it will show you the time so you should be able to figure out roughly how long he stopped at a given location but usually if you don't move for more than an hour or two the system shows your position as a tent.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Javi

Post by Javi »

ianfitz wrote:
padonbike wrote:
[Fantastic read, Philip! We all first 5 finishers somehow wanted to go non stop through the last night but we all had to stop at some point./quote]

Hi Javi glad you liked it. Where did you stop on the final night and for how long?
If you are ever heading up North East England or Scotland let me know!!!!!

I do know that Javi stopped just after the start of the old military road under some trees, the last climb before FA. no idea how long though!
Sure, north is good!

Early evening towards the end of Glen Affric I felt really tired and I was making excuses to take longer little stops. Probably the previous night sleeping at the gates of the Postman path in company of midges didn't help much. Did the climb after Tomich and was planning to get some food and rest at the doors of supermarket in Fort Augustus some time around 11:30pm. Before that there was the Old military road but I was wobbling too much on what it was supposed to be a more favourable terrain for me. Stopped and lied down for a while around 1030pm?? but the midges were disrupting me and some time later jumped on the bike, rode a little bit and found a place with no midges around, maybe the breeze or the lower temperature.
I left the bicycle in a nice flat patch of grass whilst I was fully dressed except shoes inside the bag lying in an 30 or 40 degrees slope, uncomfortable position but never cared. Too tired. My radar still detected 2 riders: first one (Ian) had a light on and I said 'Hello!' :p and second rider some time later was Lee riding without lights. I think I'd lost a total of 5 hours but I really needed the rest, felt rejuvenated afterwards.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Javi wrote:
ianfitz wrote:
padonbike wrote:
[Fantastic read, Philip! We all first 5 finishers somehow wanted to go non stop through the last night but we all had to stop at some point./quote]

Hi Javi glad you liked it. Where did you stop on the final night and for how long?
If you are ever heading up North East England or Scotland let me know!!!!!

I do know that Javi stopped just after the start of the old military road under some trees, the last climb before FA. no idea how long though!
Sure, north is good!

Early evening towards the end of Glen Affric I felt really tired and I was making excuses to take longer little stops. Probably the previous night sleeping at the gates of the Postman path in company of midges didn't help much. Did the climb after Tomich and was planning to get some food and rest at the doors of supermarket in Fort Augustus some time around 11:30pm. Before that there was the Old military road but I was wobbling too much on what it was supposed to be a more favourable terrain for me. Stopped and lied down for a while around 1030pm?? but the midges were disrupting me and some time later jumped on the bike, rode a little bit and found a place with no midges around, maybe the breeze or the lower temperature.
I left the bicycle in a nice flat patch of grass whilst I was fully dressed except shoes inside the bag lying in an 30 or 40 degrees slope, uncomfortable position but never cared. Too tired. My radar still detected 2 riders: first one (Ian) had a light on and I said 'Hello!' :p and second rider some time later was Lee riding without lights. I think I'd lost a total of 5 hours but I really needed the rest, felt rejuvenated afterwards.
I did have the lights Javi. But we must have come past you in the other order. As I didn't overtake lee until later. Which I didn't know until the next day. All of you fast folk had to be asleep in order for me to get past you!
padonbike

Post by padonbike »

Ah so Javi is human too! I guess everyone was failing a bit in that last night and it seems you didn't sleep too good near the Postman Path either so not surprised you were tired. Hope you are feeling Ok now. My achilles is still swollen, my butt still sore and I'm still exhausted.
No race for old men! :???: