helmet, yes or no?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slarge

Re: helmet, yes or no?

Post by slarge »

For me it's a bit like wearing a seatbelt in a car. Feels strange if I don't wear one. And the vast vast majority of the time it's utterly useless, but it only needs one idiot and I might need it a lot.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I pretty much always wear one. Won't help if you are hit by a bus. But I'm pretty sure I owe one of my nine lives to a helmet.

A chance meeting with a high stone wall left a ten inch long one inch deep streak along the top of the helmet. Fairly sure it would have split my head in half. I walked away with a very mangled bike and a small graze on the outer knuckle of my left hand! To this day I'm still not sure how
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Always*

*Unless it's a sunny day and I'm riding my local flat trails to and along the beach
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Always wear one, helmets don't bother me in the slightest. I'm withChris Boardman though with the helmet debate.

Even bought a winter (ski) helmet for the rovaniemi 150, some people were sniggering behind my back but was thankful when I got into the icey roads during the night.

Did take my helmet off once this summer but only going along the flat beach at 5mph, so can't see it causing much harm if I fell off (no more harm than running at the same pace would do!)