Outdoor Active - is it now that we lose all our ViewRanger maps?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thenorthwind

Re: Outdoor Active - is it now that we lose all our ViewRanger maps?

Post by thenorthwind »

Although I already had access to OS maps, I had to contact support to find out how to get them, because the "legacy" OS maps for VR subscribers is implemented differently. Rather than the Topo option in the map menu, you have to scroll down to the OS option with a generic folded map icon.

Just sorting maps and routes for this weekends, and only now has it become apparent that while I can download and use OS maps offline, offline routes is a pro feature, as is "My Map", which makes the free version virtually useless for me :sad:

I've also noticed that downloading maps is considerably slower than it was during my Pro period, which is a problem given the issue I seem to have with maps not staying downloaded. I had to download some data as I was heading out the door the other day, and I tried to save OSM data for speed - nope can't do that in the free version either :roll:

I'm not generally against paying for a decent mapping app, but the whole thing has left a bad taste in the mouth and I'm reluctant to reward them for it. But given the lack of an alternative with the functionality I like, I may have to capitulate. At least I got the best part of 18 months of free use out of them.