Man Down!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Jurassic

Re: Man Down!

Post by Jurassic »

BigdummySteve wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 pm
Pretty sure it was the devil was it not? :lol:
Back in the day I rode with clips and straps off-road, SPD was bliss. I do however miss the ‘art’ of flipping the pedal then catching the strap on the upstroke to tighten, kinda. :???:
Oh I remember that as well, in fact I had Kona Joe's (Joe Murray) straps which had double straps on them instead of just a single one. I bought a pair of the original XT SPDs as soon as they came on the market and they were a revelation in comparison. I rode solely SPD for ages before I saw the light and started using DMR V12s and skate shoes (before Fivetennies were available).
Verena

Post by Verena »

Have people seen Sammy's face on Instagram :o :cry: ? Nasty gash on his face just under the eye, he's having plastic surgery tomorrow....
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Verena wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 pm Have people seen Sammy's face on Instagram :o :cry: ? Nasty gash on his face just under the eye, he's having plastic surgery tomorrow....
Yeh, he was on a jump track that he's helping build in his spare time and was on the last run of the day.
At 2.24pm today he told me in a message that they were waiting on the results of an ECG, before they could confirm plastic surgery tomorrow for him.

He has a massive cut under his eye, looks like an inch higher and he'd have lost his eye it was that close
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

:ugeek: I should be reading this thread but I was. :YMSICK:

They should ban SPDs and chain & chainring aswell :shock:.. .

A dozen years ago, at least.... I met a guy with bandaged fingers on the High peak trail. He said it would have to do, as he should have been doing 'lejog' (lands end John o groats for newbies),
2 weeks, before he was getting used to new spd pedal. He fell of sideways at traffic light when he was going to grab the pedestrian barrier. Falling the other way, Instinctively out goes his right hand. His fingers went too near the chain wheel, as it turned the chain then picked up & cut his finger tip off through the knuckles. :shock: :YMSICK:

I think he's on platform pedal & a single speed as he can't use thumb shifters.. :???:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

It's a pithy slogan but reality is a bit more nuanced than that. Stay at Home (except for exercise, shopping, work, education or caring for someone in your social bubble), Protect the NHS (since it's underfunded and understaffed but the government doesn't want to take responsibility for that so push it on to the general populace), Save Lives (though suicide numbers are up, alcohol usage is way up, the long term health issues of a population that's been largely sedentary for a year will take its toll and the death rates inside captive environments like care homes dwarf the miniscule effect of even mass congregations on beaches).
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

PaulB2 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 pm It's a pithy slogan but reality is a bit more nuanced than that. Stay at Home (except for exercise, shopping, work, education or caring for someone in your social bubble), Protect the NHS (since it's underfunded and understaffed but the government doesn't want to take responsibility for that so push it on to the general populace), Save Lives (though suicide numbers are up, alcohol usage is way up, the long term health issues of a population that's been largely sedentary for a year will take its toll and the death rates inside captive environments like care homes dwarf the miniscule effect of even mass congregations on beaches).
Well said Paul. I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there... I'll just leave this here https://www.hartgroup.org/covid-19-evidence/ :smile:
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

FFS Shaf! Where did you dig up that spew? I hope you posted that as a joke.

Can anyone else tell that CM is just trying to provoke an argument?
Just look at the rest of his posts today.
Starve a fire of oxygen and it goes away.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC