Ribble Adventure: Any Real World Reviews or Action Pics?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MarcoUK

Re: Ribble Adventure: Any Real World Reviews or Action Pics?

Post by MarcoUK »

Hi all. I nearly got a Ribble Adventure. I paid it on the first week end of May this year. Ribble notified me that it went into the build schedule a week after and that ”it will be built within week commencing 25 May”. By the last day of May I had no news about it so I wrote them asking for an update and ribble replied “ I can confirm that your bike is currently in workshop awaiting build, your build should be completed and dispatched by end of the week”!

One week after the “end of the week” I was still without bike so I ask for an update (5 weeks after the order). The reply was: “ Unfortunately we have had an issues with the wheels being spec'd incorrectly and we have not been able to complete the build, as yet we do not have an expected delivery date for the wheels, however as soon as the wheels arrive we will commence with the build.”

Unfortunately, I cancelled the order and went got a Genesis Longitude!
All-City Gorilla Monsoon
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

One of my friends who has been recovering from cancer treatment had a similar experience to MarcoUK when he ordered an e-road bike from Ribble. He eventually got it after multiple phonecalls and emails and it had a number of serious faults as delivered. He never even rode it, just boxed it back up and returned it for a refund and bought a Focus e-mtb instead (which he loves). Maybe bad luck but maybe not. My first "decent"road bike was a Ribble 731/Chorus and it was great but I've had no dealings with them since then but I have no axe to grind with them personally.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I am also sure I have seen one in the Preston shop and i cannot have been in it in the last year