Is this being unreasonable

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ScotRoutes

Re: Is this being unreasonable

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've used cut-off Marigold gloves for that in the past. Mostly works well but they have a tendency to either ride up or to rip after a few trips. I have other GoreTex (running) gaiters that I've also used successfully. They don't look to seal quite as well as the GripGrabs so any more feedback on them is appreciated.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:46 pm I've used cut-off Marigold gloves for that in the past. Mostly works well but they have a tendency to either ride up or to rip after a few trips. I have other GoreTex (running) gaiters that I've also used successfully. They don't look to seal quite as well as the GripGrabs so any more feedback on them is appreciated.
I think the GripGrabs would be a significant upgrade in terms of function and durability over the cut-off Marigolds (although the principle is just the same). The nearest thing I can compare them to is the Glideskin seals on the wrists of my canoeing dry suit which are still going strong and keeping water out after almost five years (unlike the latex seals on previous drysuits I've had which perished and needed replacing after a couple of years use).
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Second vote for GripGrabs.
Made a world of difference to the functionality of my MW7’s - thanks for the tip Jurassic.
They work way better than the scree gaiters or even full gaiters I use with my XM9’s. So much so that i’m going to cut the bottom of the legs off an old battered wetsuit to use with the XM9. The GripGrabs are a little too short to work satisfactorily.
My biggest bug bear with neoprene cuffed boots like MW7 or some of the Lake ones I had in the past is the cuff height. Always too short for a decent sock not to poke out over the top and act as a wick to pull in moisture. The GripGrab cuffs eliminates this and seals everything up nicely.
Being neoprene though they do get damp through sweat around the ankle/calf. Certainly not a problem for me. Doesn’t get cold or make my foot wet. Wool socks are better here than cotton which just disk up the sweat.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

lune ranger wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:19 pm Second vote for GripGrabs.
Made a world of difference to the functionality of my MW7’s - thanks for the tip Jurassic.
In Reverse is the man to thank, he tipped me off about the GripGrabs. :-bd
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Jurassic wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:23 pm
lune ranger wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:19 pm Second vote for GripGrabs.
In Reverse is the man to thank, he tipped me off about the GripGrabs. :-bd
OK. Thank you indeed Mr Reverse
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC