Another noobie saying hi

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

benp1

Re: Another noobie saying hi

Post by benp1 »

Welcome Shewie

(he's being very modest, he's a very experienced outdoorsman used to packing light, transition to bikepacking should be easy!)
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Shewie wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:47 am Hi :-bd

Joined a couple of weeks ago and have been reading through the previous posts and absorbing lots of good info and enjoying the bants

I've recently bought a bike (2nd hand Genesis Caribou) having not really ridden for over twenty five years, I can feel the pain already and I've only done a couple of laps of the back garden. I already do quite a lot of lightweight backpacking in the Lakes, Scotland and Wales so have most of the kit assembled already, I just need to work out how I'm going to load a bike for multiday trips., currently looking at Restrap bags

Bike technology has progressed so much since I was last riding so it''s a bit of minefield trying to get my head around the current offerings and jargon, my early 90's Raliegh Technium Chill was quite advanced at the time with it's Deore thumb shifters and ally frame.

Looking forward to getting involved and making some new acquaintances, I already recognise a few names from other places

Rich
Hi Rich, long time no chat. How's things? If you plan on heading up my way at all give me a shout as I'm always up for a trip (have a fat bike at my disposal as well). :-bd
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Jurassic wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm
Shewie wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:47 am Hi :-bd

Joined a couple of weeks ago and have been reading through the previous posts and absorbing lots of good info and enjoying the bants

I've recently bought a bike (2nd hand Genesis Caribou) having not really ridden for over twenty five years, I can feel the pain already and I've only done a couple of laps of the back garden. I already do quite a lot of lightweight backpacking in the Lakes, Scotland and Wales so have most of the kit assembled already, I just need to work out how I'm going to load a bike for multiday trips., currently looking at Restrap bags

Bike technology has progressed so much since I was last riding so it''s a bit of minefield trying to get my head around the current offerings and jargon, my early 90's Raliegh Technium Chill was quite advanced at the time with it's Deore thumb shifters and ally frame.

Looking forward to getting involved and making some new acquaintances, I already recognise a few names from other places

Rich
Hi Rich, long time no chat. How's things? If you plan on heading up my way at all give me a shout as I'm always up for a trip (have a fat bike at my disposal as well). :-bd
Hello mate, all good here thanks

Be good to catch up, there looks to be some good riding around Argyll so it would be rude not to get something organised