Have R@pha finally lost the plot?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

Re: Have R@pha finally lost the plot?

Post by techno »

jameso wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:54 pm "Business in new product marketing shocker" :grin:

I wouldn't wear that for servicing my bikes but they know few would. It's a styling spin / cue isn't it? I think it's good looking clothing and the price isn't daft - Levis 501s are £70-80 and a Carhartt work jacket is more than the £110 of the Expensive hipster brand jacket, a Rab or Mantane jacket is £100+, and tbh it can be so hard to find mens clothing on the high st that isn't stupid looking I've all but given up - so this has appeal to me. I'm no fashion victim or wouldn't have much of a clue in that area but plain well-fitted clothes that aren't silly money and last well are all good.
Gildan heavy cotton t-shirts. Less than £10 last for ever. We had a load printed up for our techno night 8or9 years ago. Mine with zero care are still looking great. 2nd hand levis £20 from Beasleys down the market. :-bd

I'm clearly not the target market though as most of my day to day clothes come from the charity shop.
jameso

Post by jameso »

^ yeah, £40 for a T-shirt is beyond my VFM rationalisation however long it lasts. At that level I'd buy a Patagonia T for a bit less and feel better about the company I was buying from (same could be said for most Crikey, how much or similar level items perhaps)
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Tbf £50 on a decent t shirt is no worse than spending a few grand on a bike. Or £360 on a pair of handlebars. Or £190 on a seatpost. :grin:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:54 pm Tbf £50 on a decent t shirt is no worse than spending a few grand on a bike. Or £360 on a pair of handlebars. Or £190 on a seatpost. :grin:
Was thinking that earlier... but you know the good old saying, "don't talk about my bloody bikes"... So kept it shut for fear of causing a minor war (or a STW :grin: )
techno

Post by techno »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:54 pm Tbf £50 on a decent t shirt is no worse than spending a few grand on a bike. Or £360 on a pair of handlebars. Or £190 on a seatpost. :grin:
i wouldn't do any of those either :ugeek: .
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'm guilty of them all, including the t shirt :cool:
techno

Post by techno »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:29 pm I'm guilty of them all, including the t shirt :cool:
if i had the disposable income i probably would too TBF :lol: