What Quilt?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Re: What Quilt?

Post by Escape Goat »

No it's ok, alpkit have a pretty good returns policy...rock and run for the 150 want me to pay for the postage if it's not what I want. I seen johns 250 last night and there is gaps in the down when held to the light.

I, however did say when I first got into this last year that I wouldn't buy twice...That's why I chose the sleeping bag I did (cumulus)

Hmm....
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

There's gaps in the down on my quilt and my winter bag when held to the light but in my little brain there needs to be gaps for the air to circulate and loft the down , I may be wrong but that's what's in my head
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

When you're talking about small(ish) amounts of down, there'll always be gaps as there just isn't enough down to evenly cover the required area ... and yes, you don't want to cram it in too tightly as there's no where for it to expand and loft, especialy with a high fp down.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Thanks again guys... wish I knew as much as I do about bikes with the bike packing stuff.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

I only learn by asking questions ,not being afraid to look stupid and reading other people's posts on here ,like everything else in life we just keep learning :-bd
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

middleagedmadness wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm I only learn by asking questions ,not being afraid to look stupid and reading other people's posts on here ,like everything else in life we just keep learning :-bd

True that....I guess I'll have to make sure I'm happy before I use it!