Back issues

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Re: Back issues

Post by Mike »

Cheers Steve iv been in touch with Helen just waiting on work first if not I'm off to see her pal ;0)
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

ive suffered with lower back pain for the last 15 years had 2 opps so far with bulging discs and trapped nerves making legs go weak,since buying the jones plus frame and having a more upright riding position all my back problems have got much better.

i went out on the fatbike and could feel back ache coming on straight away,have you tried to get your bars higher than your seat that could help
slarge

Post by slarge »

[quote=]

i went out on the fatbike and could feel back ache coming on straight away,have you tried to get your bars higher than your seat that could help[/quote]

Oh yes, his stooge is set up like a proper sit up and beg bike!!
jameso

Post by jameso »

my legs he said were/are so tight after working on my hammys they feel so much better
All I could add is that this so far seems to be the main cause of my lower back tension on longer hilly rides. Still looking to fix the cause rather than reduce the effects as I'm not sure if it's the hamstrings causing it or other stuff related to it, but if you're tight there it really won't help.

There are plenty of good fitters out there, I'd suggest that the way to spot them is that they won't produce anything that looks like a protractor and set you up based on leg angles etc and they won't use a branded system for much more than getting some basic info to start with. Retul etc might help get you into a sensible starting position on an average road bike but it's less likely to solve specific issues than a fitter with wider experience.
Mike

Post by Mike »

So iv had a great result. After chatting with Steve large one of his friends works for West mids fire occur healthy as a sport physio. Having been in touch I asked if he did it privately as i want to pay and get it sorted but he said as I work in fire service all be it not West mids if I'm happy to go to him at work he will see me foc. He's also a cyclist him self which is a bonus because I get to talk bikes whilst I'm there. Hopefully I go to see him in the morn!

Ta Steve for mentioning it :-bd